NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Need help with bulk map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't seem to get bulk map to work. I have an HDHomerun Prime, and when I set up that device, there's no option to configure a channel provider. I'm using mc2xml. I went to the Channels section, and then clicked bulk map, and properly assigned the first channel. It then asked if I want to have the rest of the channels auto-populated, and I clicked yes. I clicked OK and then Update EPG. The channels do not auto-populate though. Am I doing something wrong?
lock,
I am *brand new* to NextPVR but I have the same issue and wanted to bump this thread up. I have a Win7 64 machine with a DCR-2650 tuner(s).

I got the question to auto-populate in bulk mapping and selected Yes, and nothing happened. I had to go to each channel and manually browse to my epg xml file for every channel. Also, the wiki says that once I've selected the xml file if a channel name match is found it would automatically map the channel but I found this also does not work for me so I must a) manually browse to the xml file for every channel b) map the channel within the xml file manually for every channel. (and the station names match exactly so not sure why the auto-mapping isn't working)

If this is the case for you too, don't give up hope. It takes a while to do this process 120+ times, but you only have to do it once and then you can sip on the sweet nectar that is NextPVR!

But, I think this issue should be looked into. It could be the deciding factor for new users when a process that should only take 2 minutes takes 2 hours.
Can you guys zip and attach your npvr.db3 file, and your xmltv file? You might need to do an 'Empty EPG' to get it small enough to attach.
sub Wrote:Can you guys zip and attach your npvr.db3 file, and your xmltv file? You might need to do an 'Empty EPG' to get it small enough to attach.

Perhaps I have done something wrong, but even after "Empty EPG" the filesize is still over 13MB.
You can get it here: hxxp://www.tool8now.com/storage/NPVR_CH_PROB.zip (change the x's to t's of course)
fwiw, I also observed the same behaviour as the OPers, when installing my 2650. I had to manually map each channel to the xml file (generated with mc2xml), but as I "only" have 25 channels, it was no big deal.
mmain1 Wrote:Perhaps I have done something wrong, but even after "Empty EPG" the filesize is still over 13MB.
You can get it here: hxxp://www.tool8now.com/storage/NPVR_CH_PROB.zip (change the x's to t's of course)
Thanks. I've checked this out.

It does have a go at mapping your channels. It tries to do a match on the channel names, but it's not finding any exact matches. For example, you have a digital channel found "KOKI HD" but your xmltv source provides a channel called "705 KOKIDT", which is not a match as far as the application is.

I've made some modifications for the next release to make it work slightly better with these odd style zap2it-data-sourced xmltv files, where channels have multiple <display-name> tags. Some of the alternative display-names are better for matching on.
I've got a similar issue as this old one - I'm running an HDHRPrime 3CC and have a Schedules Direct subscription that I was using for a MythBuntu experiment that I'm not really that happy with. I can get through device enumeration, I can channel scan and see 308 channels, and on the Channels tab I can map a channel to the Schedules Direct equivalent. I can go into Bulk Map and I can even map 1 to one and it asks if I want to have a go at letting it do the rest... but it doesn't Sad I went through the first 10 or so this way, but the list gets infinitely longer to manage as I have to scroll further down the list for each channel on each side. Is there a "direct editor" feature, or can I edit all of this up in a CSV and import it or something? Otherwise 308 channels will be horribly painful and if ever lost or changed it could be a pain to recover as well...

Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!
larray Wrote:I can go into Bulk Map and I can even map 1 to one and it asks if I want to have a go at letting it do the rest... but it doesn't Sad
Usually this would do the job automatically. If you can zip and post your npvr.db3, and let me know your zip code and lineup, I'll check and fix if necessary.
ZIP: 30517
Lineup: Comcast Winder - Digital (Cable) (USA-GA55010-X)
Thanks for the rapid response!
All your channels returned from your HDHR seem have odd extra things on the name, like "WGNA" is "WGNA 015 WGN Am", and "QVC" is "QVS 020 Access", and these name differences are screwing the auto mapping.

There has been some improvements made to the auto-mapping for the next release, and it is managing to automap all your channels (except 4). This new release will be available this weekend.
Pages: 1 2