NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Setting up NPVR clients
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I am trying to set up a client and I am having a problem that has me stumped. I have everything set up correctly apart from the client is not connecting to the npvr.db3 database. Whenever I try I get the message "Server database not found at \\EMACHINES\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\npvr\npvr.db3". I am 99% sure that it is a rights problem because if I move the database to another location (such as the desktop on the server), it connects okay and works fine. Not strictly an NPVR question, but it is stopping me setting it up. I have tried sharing directories, removing passwords, etc., all to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas?

PS: I used GBPVR back in the day but left to use SageTV as at the time it was the only one I know of that had clients. Now that SageTV seems to be on the way out, it is good to be back, with the goal of getting NPVR set up with XBMC!
That is a typical XP problem, it will not share folders under Doc.&settings. You could try to create a C:\Users\Public\NPVR three and move all files from \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\npvr to the new npvr folder under Users. Don't forget to update the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NPVR\DataDirectory) to point to the new location and share NPVR. IMHO, npvr's data directory should never have been placed under Documents and settings at all.
When using XP the default install directory does not allow correct access by the client so the install directory has to be changed. Also don't forget to share the new directory containing npvr.db3 so it is accessible at \\server\NPVR. If you have doubts about access rights access the \\server\NPVR share from the client and if you can create a file and delete it then the client has full R/W access.
Thanks for the advice guys, after some futzing around with it I got it working on two separate clients. Sweet!