NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nearing 1 year, no downtime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just thought I'd bump my old thread. My server ran out of space the other day (8 TB!) so I just put a new 4TB external drive on. Updated NPVR, added the drive for recording - done! Our PCH units are working flawlessly, often have 2 diff shows being watched in different rooms while an HD show is being recorded. Really solid work Martin, I shudder to think what I'll have to do if all this stops working some day. The Comskip integration is what makes it - my wife in particular can't stand ads. I picked up a Raspberry Pi a year ago as insurance, got XBMC working and now it's sitting under my desk unused. Smile
drbenjamin Wrote:Just thought I'd bump my old thread. ...
Thanks - I never pass up the opportunity to thank sub and Martin for their work on mvpmcx2...

I've got three A110s currently in operation and as insurance, I've got another three fully tested and configured A110s in the attic along with my original A100 which is on long term R&R...

They really are appliances which simply work - I can't remember the last time I had a problem report from Mrs ACTCMS (although that probably ties in with when she finally figured out the importance of hitting the green button twice Smile)

Alex
Thanks again. Timely too since in the next week I hope to start on mynext gen client largely based on some new new stuff that sub has been working on. It's kind of frustrating the the RPi2 is the NextPVR client platform of choice because it is really inferior for networking and CPU framebuffer power to other options in fact, it probably isn't much better than the PCH but no point in building something no one wil use.

Martin
Hi Martin,

Since you’re considering building a Pi-based client I thought I’d share some of my experience of tinkering with it.
I’m currently successfully experimenting with a pygame (python with sdl) webclient.
It’s built around the standard Rasbian – Jessie image and the only thing needed is a couple of python scripts.
The player I use is the inbuilt OMX-player which is a near cousin to what KODI uses on the Pi.
Cec and lirc support is possible but some extra packages needs to be installed.
I’m happy to share my code if you’re interested.

/Fred
ACTCMS Wrote:Thanks - I never pass up the opportunity to thank sub and Martin for their work on mvpmcx2...

I've got three A110s currently in operation and as insurance, I've got another three fully tested and configured A110s in the attic along with my original A100 which is on long term R&R...

They really are appliances which simply work - I can't remember the last time I had a problem report from Mrs ACTCMS (although that probably ties in with when she finally figured out the importance of hitting the green button twice Smile)

Alex

A big "me too" and thanks to you two STARS from me as well. Wonderful, wonderful work and patience, all the way from the humble Hauppauage MVP (which I believe gave Martin his handle emveepee on another forum), through my (now dead) PCH A100, my A110 and my RPi, which I really only use with PlayOn for Netflix Vids as the PCH didn't (doesn't) play them.

Be keen to hear about these nextgen clients :-).

k.
fred250 Wrote:Hi Martin,

Since you’re considering building a Pi-based client I thought I’d share some of my experience of tinkering with it.
I’m currently successfully experimenting with a pygame (python with sdl) webclient.
It’s built around the standard Rasbian – Jessie image and the only thing needed is a couple of python scripts.
The player I use is the inbuilt OMX-player which is a near cousin to what KODI uses on the Pi.
Cec and lirc support is possible but some extra packages needs to be installed.
I’m happy to share my code if you’re interested.

/Fred

Thanks Fred, I'd be glad to see what you have. If you still have my email from 2006 when you were a beta tester for mvpmc for the MVP you can send it there. I did play around already with pygame so it is not totally foreign.

My approach tends to a custom Kodi with a full libnextpvr binary addon client front end in an OpenElec custom image. While I will focus making it easy to glue into Kodi final releases, something like the Retroplayer addon I don't expect to make the extensible to anything but NextPVR.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Thanks Fred, I'd be glad to see what you have. If you still have my email from 2006 when you were a beta tester for mvpmc for the MVP you can send it there. I did play around already with pygame so it is not totally foreign.

My approach tends to a custom Kodi with a full libnextpvr binary addon client front end in an OpenElec custom image. While I will focus making it easy to glue into Kodi final releases, something like the Retroplayer addon I don't expect to make the extensible to anything but NextPVR.

Martin

Sorry I lost your email Sad , sent you a PM instead.

Good luck with your Kodi coding!

/Fred
Pages: 1 2