NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problem with apostrophes in channel names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have 133 channels on my setup and one of them, although renamed, is BBC Parliament, which is in the EPG information as BBC Parl'ment

This was causing the app to hang on startup and, therefore, never load.

Has this issue been fixed now?

Thanks!

Stu
That rings a bell. I'm pretty certain I fixed problems with apostrophes and other 'special' characters some time ago. When was the last time you tried it?
I believe my fix was using Alan Birtle's xmltv and renaming BBC Parl'ment before importing to EPG?

cheers

steeb
Hmm, this has got me thinking now. I can't see anything in the nDroid wiki change-log to say I fixed it. I'll have to give it a test.
I'm also having the same issue, i have renamed the BBC PARL'MNT channel to remove the apostrophe but my epg collector names the EPG source as BBC PARL'MNT.
Ndroid crashes at the populating database stage.
McLarenMP4 Wrote:I'm also having the same issue, i have renamed the BBC PARL'MNT channel to remove the apostrophe but my epg collector names the EPG source as BBC PARL'MNT.
Ndroid crashes at the populating database stage.
I just checked and this is fixed in the next version of nDroid. I'm doing some last minute testing and will have a release some time this week.

Cheers,
Brian
bgowland Wrote:I just checked and this is fixed in the next version of nDroid. I'm doing some last minute testing and will have a release some time this week.

Cheers,
Brian

Will it fix the odd issues I reported?
skl111 Wrote:Will it fix the odd issues I reported?
I'm away from my development machine for a few days. Bump this thread on Monday and remind me of your problem. Currently using my phone to type this. It works but less than ideal. Wink
I'm having problems with the apostrophe as well. Attempt to record a title with an apostrphe returns "Failed unknown reason ..."

I'm running nDroid client 1.8.6, nDroid Service 1.8.4 and nPVR version 2.5.9.

Cheers
Steve
stevegb36 Wrote:I'm having problems with the apostrophe as well. Attempt to record a title with an apostrphe returns "Failed unknown reason ..."

I'm running nDroid client 1.8.6, nDroid Service 1.8.4 and nPVR version 2.5.9.

Cheers
Steve
I've just had a quick look at my TV Guide and managed to find a TV show called Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking which I was able to set to record from my phone.

Zip and attach your nDroid Service logs and let me know what the name of the show was and roughly what time you tried and I'll take a look.

Cheers,
Brian
Pages: 1 2