NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR v2.5.9 MCE Remote Can't Stop AVI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everything else seems to work in NextPVR v2.5.9 except controlling a playing AVI file.

Specifically, I cannot STOP an AVI after starting it. I can stop the AVI using the mouse.

If I right-click (with the mouse) before using any of the Remote keys then it works. I can then STOP the AVI by pressing the CLEAR button on my MCE Remote. The STOP button still cannot be used to STOP the AVI. Also the REW & FFW will only work after doing the mouse thing.

I can completely control LiveTV as well as any MPG file. Just not AVI's.

This is the case whether I use the MS MCE drivers or whether I use HIP. In the case of HIP I have configured CTRL-s for STOP but to no avail.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
it's the decoder you're using..[most likely Divx] it's popping up a tray icon when used, and that takes focus away from npvr..
configure it so that it shows no tray icon and problem solved..Smile
[or setup hip to use post messages to talk to npvr for focus-less operation]
pBS Wrote:it's the decoder you're using..

You are correct. I was using the MainConcept decoder when my HTPC was running on XP with an MVP-150. Since my post I have NextPVR running on top of Vista with a Colossus card and using ffdshow decoder which works fine with AVI files. Don't particularly like Vista, but don't want to spring for an upgrade to Win 7 nor do I want to use Win 8. Anyway everything seems to be working fine on Vista.

The only thing I wish I could do is figure out a way to force the decoder (or the renderer) to stretch an SD channel recording to take up the 16:9 screen width. The video is recorded from component video (as HDMI won't work with my set top box). Since the Colossus records everything at 1920x1080 it is not surprising to see black bars on either side of the SD recording. I would just like to find a way to stretch the SD image to fit. My TV can do this so this makes me think that a decoder or renderer can be made to do this as well.

Any thoughts?
mbluett Wrote:The only thing I wish I could do is figure out a way to force the decoder (or the renderer) to stretch an SD channel recording to take up the 16:9 screen width.

Do you know about the f7 key to change aspect ratio? You can create your own custom aspect ration in config.xml ...

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...nced#toc70

Some folk map a remote control key to f7.
[quote=Graham]Do you know about the f7 key to change aspect ratio?/QUOTE]

Yes, I know about the F7 key; however, it will not stretch a 4:3 video recorded at 1920x1080 to take up the whole 16:9 screen. I have not tried the config.xml approach. Do you know for certain that it will allow me to accomplish this goal?
mbluett Wrote:I have not tried the config.xml approach. Do you know for certain that it will allow me to accomplish this goal?

The X and Y values in config.xml can be + or - values. Changing the values will move the top left and bottom right corner of the video. So, for example, to get right of a vertical black bar in the left part of the video the first two values would be " -.30,0 " to move the left edge of the video 30% to the left. The effect should be to move the vertical black bar into the thin air beside the screen.

If that is something like what you are trying to do, then it should work. Be warned that I may have got my positives and negatives the wrong way round.

I may have missed the point. I am assuming that the video is undistorted .. no short fat or tall thin heroes.
Graham Wrote:I may have missed the point. I am assuming that the video is undistorted .. no short fat or tall thin heroes.

Actually what I would like is for it to stretch so that a 4:3 screen would be distorted (i.e., fat heroes). Not that I like distortion, but I prefer the video to take up the whole screen width.
mbluett Wrote:Actually what I would like is for it to stretch so that a 4:3 screen would be distorted (i.e., fat heroes).

I don't know of any way to get NextPVR to give you fat heroes. You might be able to find a decoder that will do it. The ellipsis beside the decoder in the Settings --> Decoders screen will give you access to the decoder settings.