NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Configuring multiple satellites in NPVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

I'm just playing around trying to setup NPVR and seem to be having some trouble getting my Diseqc to work..
I have 2x LNB's (28.2E & 19.2E) linked up with one of these - it is all working OK under Mediaportal, but I can't make it work in NPVR Sad

In the NPVR digital recorder settings I've tried 22Khz A/B and also Diseqc A/B/C/D entering 28.2E in the first drop down, and 19.2E in the second (this is how they are setup in MePo) I left all other settings at default.
When I run 'Scan' for channels it only finds channels that are on 28.2E...

Do I have to change the defaults of LOF1/LOF Switch/LOF2??

Cheers!
What capture device are you using? NextPVR only support diseqc on hauppauge, twinhan and firedtv devices. Unfortunately each manufacturer does it using their own proprietary mechanism, so it needs a special bit of code for each.
Ahhh... that probably explains it then, I have a TBS 6981.

That's a real shame, as npvr is looking pretty good so far apart from that issue.

Are there any plans on the board to add support for TBS?
You have a willing tester here if so, or if there is anything I can provide from my system to help the I'd be more than happy. :-)
All I can give you is a maybe on that one. I'm out of the country at the moment, but I'll check what is required when I get back to New Zealand.
OK, that will do for me :-)

If you need access to a card or anything then I'm happy to give you remote access to my server.
@sub,

After just figuring out how to get my analogue blaster working on my HD-PVR I just recalled that I had a problem with Diseqc last time I tested out NPVR, and looked up my old thread Smile

Did you ever have any chance to take a look at getting Diseqc working for the TBS 6981? - I see from a search that you may already have one of these cards (from a post in 2011).

I'd love to be able to switch to NPVR but unfortunately without working diseqc I won't be able to watch the F1 :p

Edit - Seems the TBS guys have some interface available for Diseqc and seem quite open to helping developers out with it's use - maybe this is of help? (granted it's for a 6991, but I'm sure they are willing to help on all models!)
http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=8499
I'm not sure if this is any help at all, but while searching around today I found this at the TBS forum; http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...rt=10#p213

It seems to list the raw commands used by TBS (unless I'm misunderstanding... which is entirely possible Smile )
Swift_gti Wrote:I'm not sure if this is any help at all, but while searching around today I found this at the TBS forum; http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...rt=10#p213

It seems to list the raw commands used by TBS (unless I'm misunderstanding... which is entirely possible Smile )
The current 2.6.2 release has logic which attempts to do diseqc with TBS satellite devices, but I have no way to test it currently - my 4-way diseqc switch turned into a lump of rust a couple of years ago and I haven't replaced it.

If you can try using it, and post the nrecord.log and ndigitalhost.log, I'll take a look what the log messages say.
Thanks Sub, that's the best news I've heard all week Big Grin

Bad news is, I've just tried and with both methods (ie. the 22khz / A,B,C,D options) neither is switching over to the second LNB.
My first LNB is looking at 28.2e, and the second is at 19.2e - even if I set 'A' to none and just set 'B' to 19.2e (deutsch) and run a scan I still get channels that are actually on 28.2e :confused:

My ndigitalhost.log didn't seem to be growing.. and all the output while scanning seemed to feed into NPVR.log so I've attached that too - do I need to turn on any debug logging or anything?

Let me know if there is anything else I can get for you / try out that may help.
TBS devices use two different approaches to doing diseqc. The example supplied by TBS determined which of those it supported based on the device's filter name. Your device filter name isn't on either of those lists.

One of the lists is few short, and strictly USB devices, so I'm pretty sure its not that list. For the next release, I've added your device to the other list, on the assumption it'll be compatible with that method. We wont know until you're able to try it though.

Unfortunately I can't provide you a patch to try, since I've changed compilers and moved to .NET 4 for the next release, making my new code incompatible with 2.6.2.
Pages: 1 2