NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Mixed resolution recordings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Brian
I've been using nDroid on my Kindle Fire HD and have come across a couple of issues. The one that seems reproducible is as follows:
I try to record HD shows at 720p to work with our NMT devices. However my set top box will sometimes reset itself to 1080i, and it can be a few days before I notice. So, my folders tend to have a mix of 720P and 1080i. What I've noticed is that nDroid is only presenting a subset of the shows in a folder and in at least 3 folders all the missing shows were ones that had been recorded in 720P. Any logs or additional tests that would be useful to you to help figure this out?
My other issue have to do w/ some files not playing, and I don't have that fully figured out yet so I'll post when I do.

Thanks again!
drbenjamin Wrote:What I've noticed is that nDroid is only presenting a subset of the shows in a folder and in at least 3 folders all the missing shows were ones that had been recorded in 720P.
Is this when using the 'Videos' option in nDroid? Do the 720p and 1080i have different file extensions? The nDroid Service should use the list of file extensions from the NextPVR config.xml file.

Quote:Any logs or additional tests that would be useful to you to help figure this out?
The nDroidServiceHelper.log file should list all the valid files it finds when browsing the Videos folders.
It's the Recordings option, and both 720p and 1080i recordings have .ts extension. nDroid shows my old 480p recordings (which have .mpg extension), it's just the 720p recordings that don't show up.

tks!
drbenjamin Wrote:It's the Recordings option,...
OK, that's odd. The Recordings option works in a different way and simply queries the mirrored database that nDroid stores on the device. Are you doing daily manual updates of nDroid?
I have been, but that reminds me of a 2nd issue that wasn't bothering me but may be relevant. The "home" screen of the nDroid application is blank; under the columns listed e.g "Today" there are no entries. I just wanted to watch recordings so I didn't worry about what I thought was the scheduling screen, but maybe that suggests I'm getting an incomplete database download? My npvr.db3 id just over 23 MB.
drbenjamin Wrote:I have been, but that reminds me of a 2nd issue that wasn't bothering me but may be relevant. The "home" screen of the nDroid application is blank; under the columns listed e.g "Today" there are no entries. I just wanted to watch recordings so I didn't worry about what I thought was the scheduling screen, but maybe that suggests I'm getting an incomplete database download? My npvr.db3 id just over 23 MB.
Yes, something is definitely going wrong if the TV Guide views are blank although there could be a few reasons for what's causing the problem. I wouldn't have thought the size of the npvr.db3 would be the issue (mine is about 18MB) unless your device is really short of free RAM for unzipping and importing the TV Guide data.

I'm having a busy day today but will have some time in a few hours. If you could email me all of the zip files from the nDroid Service data\zip folder, I'll see if I can work out what the problem is.

Cheers,
Brian