NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR Webserver not showing any channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to NextPVR and am trying to set it up with XBMC. I installed NextPVR and was able to configure my HDHomerun Prime with 3 tuners (cablecard). I was able to click on a station in the guide and play Live TV fine. I did not set up the guide, so all it showed was my channels with no program information. After that I tried to setup XBMC to run with NextPVR. XBMC kept saying it was downloading the channels from the client, but never finished. I opened up Chrome and went to the NextPVR webserver at http://127.0.0.1:8866 and the webserver pulled up fine. Problem is, there are no channels listed. I think this may be the problem with XBMC not finding the channels.

Any idea why the channels aren't showing on the webserver? They work fine in the app itself.

TIA
kgeissler Wrote:I did not set up the guide, so all it showed was my channels with no program information.
There lies the answer to your question. Just because some part of NextPVR can work with no program information (EPG data), doesn't mean the whole thing works right that way. Setup your EPG data and map your channels.
Thanks for the help. I downloaded mc2xml and got my listings. The problem I have now is mapping the channels. I have 200 stations to map. I can't seem to figure out bulk mapping. It doesn't seem to work. I set up one channel and went to bulk map and highlighted my other stations and hit okay but nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a tutorial for bulk mapping somewhere?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
In bulk map you still have to select the epg channel for each logical channel; bulk map just makes it quicker by giving you all the channels in one list, and by defaulting the epg source for each channel the same as the first. NPVR does try to auto-map the channels, but it's rarely successful because the channel name data in the broadcast stream rarely matches the name in the EPG data (you'd think it would, but it doesn't).

Quoth the wiki:
Quote:Once you've done the first channel map the rest with Bulk Map. For each channel just click the "XMLTV Channel" field and pick the channel in the EPG that matches the physical channel.
http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...n.XMLTVEPG