NextPVR Forums

Full Version: W7x64 NextPVR crashing when using plugin System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I'm trying to find a solution for NextPVR crashing when opening the System plugin. This problem didn't occure before as NPVR was working fine in the past.
I've tried to reproduce the problem by installing NPVR on another W7x64 system but that system runs fine (no errors even after copying all NPVR folder from the malfunctioning system).
I've also tried a fresh NPVR installation on the malfunctioning W7x64 system but no matter what the errors keep on coming back.
This makes me think it might have something to do with the W7x64 installation, drivers or register of the malfunctioning system but I could be completely wrong?
I've attached all log files, config.xml and some error screenshots to better visualize the problem and hope someone can give me some good advice where to start looking.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.
Bavan.
Can you disable all the other plugins (rename their folders to have an underscore in front of them, eg "_TV Listings") and then repost the logs. Also ensure the System plugin has full debug output turned on (it's in its About tab on the settings page).

Do both your systems use the same language?

Iain
I disabled and uninstalled all other plugins. Only the System plugin is running.
All logs attached (Log output is set to DEBUG). Both systems had the same configuration (language etc...).
I've even copied the full NPVR folders from the malfunctioning system to the replica system to make sure I have identical setups and the replica system works fine.
So something in the malfunctioning system is not working correctly. Hopefully the logs brings more clearance.

Rgds.
Based on those logs it looks as if the plugin is running ok for a short while and then the crash happens. Is that correct?

Iain
Replace the DLLs in the plugin's folder with the attached, and then post logs again. I've no idea if this'll catch the error (and help me track it down), but it's somewhere to start anyway...

Iain
Hi Imilne,

here are my results after trying your modified System plugin.

Good news, NextPVR doesn't crash anymore and all is stable now (I've attached the log files).
Yes the original version was causing NextPVR to crash after 1 to 2 seconds when opening the System plugin (probably after reading system info).
I've noticed that in the modified version the info for CPU, memory and Internet connections is not updated so maybe the problem had something to do with calling one of these software routines although I could be completely wrong.

The NPVR log line 66 contains something like a System.FormatException error with a message "De indeling van de invoertekenreeks is onjuist" which means "The division of the input string is incorrect".
The log line 77 & 78 refers to a path\file "E:\Documents\Documents\Programming\NPVR\NSystem\src\NSystemMobo.cs" which doesn't exist on my system.
My system is a W7 64bit version installed on drive C, NPVR = Program Files (x86),and the W7 path to my documents is on drive E.

If you want me to test which of the parts (CPU, memory or Internet speed) is causing the problem send me a modified version in which I can enable/disable CPU, memory or internet speed info or 3 different DLL's with only 1 part enabled.
I'm using the System plugin mainly for checking disk space, checking pending recordings and rebooting the PC. CPU & memory info is handy but not criticial and internet speed info is a bit misleading so I don't use it.
Thanks already for the fast and swift response. Much appreciated.

B.
Ok, try this version and post your logs again. The error is related to reading the usage value for the CPU so I've added more trapping and logging around that part.

Can I ask what CPU you have?

The E:\Documents... path is just the path to the source code on my machine.

Iain
Iain, perhaps you need to add internatiionalization to deal with number formats that might use the comma as the decimal point.

Martin
It probably is something along those lines, I'm just waiting for final confirmation. It's Math.round that's choking on something it's getting...

(Ironically I deal with i18n a *lot* in my day job Smile)

Iain
Attached v3 logs. Nextpvr is running stable (no crashes).
System info about memory & internet speed is shown in the System plugin but CPU load remains at 0%. The system is running on an Intel dual core E2180 processor.
I'm still puzlling why this problem has occured since last week as before the System plugin did work properly (if I remember correctly).
The only thing which has changed are some W7 updates and some minor settings in Nextpvr for TV ratio and the TV_Listings plugin.
I'm just guessing ...
B.
Pages: 1 2 3