NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How to randomize over entire music collection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to play a random playlist of the entire music collection using the standard Music library screen?
I thought if you have a top folder with all sub folders holding music you just press play on that folder
Yep - Ctrl-P on a folder creates a random playlist of all the music in and blow that folder...

Alex
You can configure play to play in track order in config.xml though which causes this method to fail. I don't remember what the shuffle key on the hidden menu does, I thought it was a random function but I tried and it didn't do anything.

Martin
stustunz Wrote:I thought if you have a top folder with all sub folders holding music you just press play on that folder
I only have one music folder. Does that mean I need to add a 2nd folder so I can select the Music folder from the "top folder"?
yes that is the issue with it I just remembered you have to have a Dummy folder (minimum of 2 folders in set up)
Npvr is to smart and takes yiou straight into the sub folder otherwise
Or you could add a couple of plugins & have something that is really user friendly & easy to use, not to mentiong a lot of fun if you enable FanArt

From another post....... (your default MB4 collection is selectable through the MB4 settings)

MB4-SSPlus one button Jukebox

First off this feature has to be my most used feature with NextPVR....

For those of you that don't know about it: If you are running SSPlus screensaver & MusicBox4 when the screensaver is displaying you can press the Red button (Alt+R) & it will start playing a random playlist of your default MB4 collection..... if you have visitors staying over it is so easy to explain, they pick it up in seconds.
ACTCMS Wrote:Yep - Ctrl-P on a folder creates a random playlist of all the music in and blow that folder...

Alex

What's the remote equivalent of Ctrl-P please? (I only use the NMT).
jksmurf Wrote:What's the remote equivalent of Ctrl-P please?

Play ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...dReference