NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR 2.5.9 + Hauppauge 88xx DVB-S/S2 crashes whilst tuning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have windows XP SP3. Hauppauge 88xx card installed with latest drivers from Hauppauge downloaded last night. DVB-T tunes and works and records ok but DVB-S crashes after finding just a couple of channels. I'm using the Freesat 28.2 setting for my location in London.
When tuning after a couple of sat channels are picked up the microsoft box appears on screen which states
"Nextpvr.exe encountered a problem and needs to close."
NPVR then crashes every time I try to retune.
DVB-T works fine.
I have attached zip of log files
Please can you help
It might be something on one of the specific frequencies that it doesn't like. If that seems to be the case, I might need to get you to capture a 30 second full transport stream from that frequency, and put it somewhere I can download from, so that I can run it up here in the debugger.
Lots of xp users can't scan with the dvb fix version of PsisDecd.dll and need to upgrade to sp3 for scanning and then go back for recording.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Lots of xp users can't scan with the dvb fix version of PsisDecd.dll and need to upgrade to sp3 for scanning and then go back for recording.

Martin
Hi Martin thanks for the reply but I am using SP3. Do you mean use SP2 for tuning then reinstall SP3
I created an unrunme.bat file in my dvbfix dir to back out the 'fix'. I run it before I do a scan, then run the runme.bat after the scan to reinstall dvbfix.

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:I created an unrunme.bat file in my dvbfix dir to back out the 'fix'. I run it before I do a scan, then run the runme.bat after the scan to reinstall dvbfix.

Alex

This is what I've been using for a while but this now seems to have stopped working. If I don't run it the scan works fine but only a handful of stations are found. If I run then scan it crashes. I've treid updating to the latest patched but still the same.

I have a copy of windows 7 but loath to upgrade as system is generally stable.

I've attached my log file.
srhutch Wrote:I've attached my log file.

[All together now children] Oh no you haven't!
I'm guessing it didnt attach the first time as I dind't ZIP
I've just done a test install of Win7 on my box, it all seems to work, scans fine and NMT all seems OK. Will schedule a rebuild in the near future.