NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge 2250 IR Blaster Not Changing Channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to install NextPVR as an alternative to Windows Media Center. I have a Hauppauge 2250 card, which came with an ir blaster and MCE Remote. I have a set top box which then goes into composite wires which plugs into my 2250 card. I was able to get NextPVR to download the EPG guide, set up the channels, and i can see audio and video.

However, when I attempt to change a channel via my keyboard, it does not work. I see no activity in the IR blaster attempting to change anything in my set top box, and the channel does not change, even though the OSD does.

I've attached my logs with my attempt to watch live tv, and change the channel.

Any advice will be appreciated.
I should also mention that the IR Blaster does work, as I can change channels in WMC just fine.

I'm running Windows 7, FYI
What blaster software have you configured it to use?

Common ones are HIP, IRSS and EventGhost.
I haven't configured any software. Is there documentation on these and how to set them up to work with NextPVR? Ultimately I'd like to add XBMC, will this software work with that too?

sub Wrote:What blaster software have you configured it to use?

Common ones are HIP, IRSS and EventGhost.
I suspected that might be the case.

Unfortunately I haven't used an analog setup with blasters in years, so I'm not the best person to give you advice on setting up these types of utilities. On the NextPVR side of things though, you basically specify the name of a blaster executable and the parameters in the analog settings screen. (for example, "hipsend.exe")

If you do a forum search you should find more info on setting these up. Otherwise, hopefully one of the other users will be able to post more info to point you in the correct direction.

Yes, XBMC will be able to make use of it once you've set it up in NextPVR.
You may not need this, but this guide from GBPVR solved every issue that I had with setting up the IR blaster to work with my cable box. It was a LOT more complicated than I ever dreamed, and needed this guide for using HIP. I hope this helps you, as it solved 24 hours of assuming my emitter was dead! Link here: http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/HipGuide