NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Trailers Plugin Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting the following error (from npvr log) from trailers. After the selecting a movie trailer, the screen flashes briefly, then nothing.

2012-12-31 16:22:52.204 [DEBUG][10] Trailers: Proxy Callback: System.Net.HttpListenerException: An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection
at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at MovieTrailers.ProxyPlayback.CopyStream(Stream input, Stream httpOut, Stream fileOut, String tmpfile) in E:\Documents\Documents\Programming\NPVR\MovieTrailers\src\ProxyPlayback.cs:line 124
at MovieTrailers.ProxyPlayback.RespCallback(IAsyncResult asynchronousResult) in E:\Documents\Documents\Programming\NPVR\MovieTrailers\src\ProxyPlayback.cs:line 94
Any particular trailer or all of them? At what quality setting? Do you have an otherwise working network connection? Tried restarting NPVR?

And please include the full logs too, I need a little more to go on that just that one snippet.

Iain
All fail to play, I've tried the two lowest quality settings, network OK, have tried a restart. logs are attached.

Thanks for taking a look.
Hmm, nothing obvious is jumping out at me I have to admit.

The graph doesn't show any decoders, but that might just be because it's not got anything to play. How's disk space in your cache directory location? The plugin has to fake requests to Apple to actually get at the trailers, and it does this by running a local web proxy on port 8888. You wouldn't have anything interfering with that would you? (although I'd expect an error in the logs if so).

I can confirm that trailer (from your logs) at that resolution is working, so it's not a fault at Apple's end. The plugin was working for you before, yes?

How about trying a refresh (from within the plugin), just in case the locally cached URLs have changed and it's failing on that.

Iain
It's worked perfectly and there is 40G free on the disk the cache is on.
I trashed the trailer plugin folder and started from scratch. Now there are two different behaviors, depending what trailer is chosen, (1) black screen with high-pitched unintelligible audio, (2) nothing happens. The attached logs show these two behaviors, as well as live TV. I notice that trailers chooses different decoders than npvr (for instance 1 anyway) and no video decoder.
The plugin doesn't pick the decoders, it acts the same way that the Videos library in NPVR does, basically just passing the request through to Windows to create the playback graph. I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong there as it should be picking an H264 decoder for the trailers, not a mpeg one.

Can you download one of the trailers manually and see if it plays via the normal video library in NPVR? Unless the cache directory for the plugin contains any you can use?

Iain
Boy am I dumb.... Rolleyes I removed a bloated codec pack recently because it was just providing an AC3 filter. When doing this, Haali was also removed. So I tried to render an h264 movie from my movie collection and of course it would not make a graph... I never noticed as broadcast here is mpeg and I play movies with xbmc. Of course your plugin works perfectly... sorry to have wasted your time!
No worries, just good to know you got it sorted.

Iain