NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ndroid only using one tuner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Ndroid successfully installed on my Android tablet and on my android phone (HTC Wildfire) however if I try to run a live tv video feed they seem to use the same tuner so one stops and the other one takes over
checking the status in NPVR both seem to be using the first priority tuner even though I have 6 more tuners available .
I have to say apart from this It works very well so far . My server is on a windows 8 64 bit system with 5 HD DVB-T2 and to SD DVB-T tuners I have replaced Windows media centre with NPVR after trying Mediaportal which was not stable on my windows 8 system. I Also have a windows 8 laptop and a windows 8 desktop PC for use of visitors (mostly Grandchildren on sleepovers) running NPVR as a client.
Apart from some experimentation to get a good video player set up and getting firewall settings right this was a remarkably trouble free installations
Rodnmatt Wrote:I have Ndroid successfully installed on my Android tablet and on my android phone (HTC Wildfire) however if I try to run a live tv video feed they seem to use the same tuner so one stops and the other one takes over
checking the status in NPVR both seem to be using the first priority tuner even though I have 6 more tuners available .
Although the nDroid service has its own streaming system for Recordings, Video and Music the nDroid app uses the NextPVR web server for Live TV so the way it works is down to the NextPVR software and not nDroid. I'll need to have a word with sub to see if only using one tuner is normal or if I'm doing something wrong when starting a Live TV stream. I'll get back to you.

Quote:Apart from some experimentation to get a good video player set up and getting firewall settings right this was a remarkably trouble free installations
Glad it's working OK, enjoy. Smile