NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PostProcessing not running anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My PostProcessing.bat is not doing what is is supposed to do anymore but Nrecord.log indicates that it is started. I haven't changed anything in that setup for ages, and I can't find anything wrong either. Is there an option to get a PostProcessing.log somehow?
I use echo command to write my own log messages. One I have at the end of wakeup.bat is

echo %time% >> c:\temp\wakeup.txt

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I use echo command to write my own log messages. One I have at the end of wakeup.bat is

echo %time% >> c:\temp\wakeup.txt

Martin
That's a good idea, but I would like to have an option (in config.xml or a registry setting) that allows me to get the actual output from postprocessing.bat. Sub?
You'd to add your own logging like Martin said. NextPVR has no idea what is happening inside the batch files, and doesn't see their output.
sub Wrote:You'd to add your own logging like Martin said. NextPVR has no idea what is happening inside the batch files, and doesn't see their output.
I know that, but would it not be possible for npvr to pipe the output to a .log file? Possibly by executing "PostProcessing.bat>>PostProcessing.log" instead of just "PostProcessing.bat" as an option?
Why not just do that yourself?

Martin
rename existing postprocessing.bat to mypostprocess.bat, then create a new postprocessing.bat:
Code:
"%~dp0\mypostprocess.bat" >> "%~dp0\mypostprocess.log"
johnsonx42 Wrote:rename existing postprocessing.bat to mypostprocess.bat, then create a new postprocessing.bat:
Code:
"%~dp0\mypostprocess.bat" >> "%~dp0\mypostprocess.log"
Of course I could do it myself, I'd have to pass the parameters to the new bat thou. I'm just saying that it would be much more elegant with an option in npvr to make a log. And this question is bound to come up again sooner or later.