NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot connect to recording service - DirectX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I decided to add a "server" to my NPVR set up, which still using the old machine as a front end.

I've configured the shares on the server, and changed the settings on the client to point to the server.

I have no video on the server and the client (although it runs the EPG ok) says it cannot communicate with the recording server. Firewall open for NRecord on server and client.

I believe this relates to the below the error I get in NPVR re.the DirectX runtime not being present, however dxdiag works fine (results attached). None of the DirectX installers will run without error (web or full version) so I have stuck. Both DirectX log files are attached.

Any advice? I'm stuck.

Gareth
Did you install all the prerequisites explained on the wiki?

Martin
Everything I could yes (the server is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit)

.net 3.5 already installed
Visual C - installed
DirectX (as mentioned above)
Windows installer (already exceeds 3.1)

Regards,

Gareth
I am not sure from that first post if you installed the DirectX 9 runtime from the wiki.

Martin
Hi,

I didn't try from the wiki, but have now - still won't install.

G
thewhitefriar Wrote:I have no video on the server
This is probably related to the decoders you're using on the server.

The missing DirectX runtime wont be causing this. This is only required for the animated UI, not for video playback.

Quote:and the client (although it runs the EPG ok) says it cannot communicate with the recording server. Firewall open for NRecord on server and client.
I'm sure this will be either because you've entered an incorrect server name (make sure the name doesn't have slashes etc), or it'll be related to firewall. If you can post the client logs, I'll see if anything stands out.
Thanks Sub. Firewall now disabled on client and server with no effect.

Client log attached - I can see it is clearly a communication issue, just not sure exactly where to look.

Regards,

Gareth
Having reviewed the logs, it appears to be looking locally for the channels rather than on the server - is that correct?
It's looking locally for channel icons, but not the channels themselves. This is normal.

Can you zip and attach your client's config.xml?
Thanks for your time on this Sub.

You didn't mention which one, so both are attached.

Regards,

Gareth
Pages: 1 2