NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Network Folder and mapped drives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to set the LiveTV buffer folder and recording folder to a mapped drive (my media server) and NPVR doesnt seems to like it... When i start live tv, i get a black screen but status says its storing buffer file in mapped drive location...same for recording. When i check the network location, nothing is there. Can network locations not be used ?
Yes network drives can be used but by default the recording services runs in the Local System account which wouldn't have the same drive mapping or netbios name resolution as normal accounts You can:

- change the user login info for the recording service through the control panel to run using a user acct.
- write to a samba guest share (not Windows Everyone share) and use \\ip\share notation
- use my ShareHelper2 utility to use mapped letter and standard windows addressing.

Martin
Thanks Martin...i forgot about that Smile
Why would you want a network location for your livetv buffer folder? I would think that, for optimal performance, this should be local.
SickBoy Wrote:Why would you want a network location for your livetv buffer folder? I would think that, for optimal performance, this should be local.

Because my HTPC only has a 64GB SSD with only 23GB les of free space. Storing the buffer and recordings on my server where i dont have to worry about space issues is a better option for me. I tested both local and Network and the performance is the same. My network is all cat6 cabling and liveTV works with no issues.