NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Colossus, unable to select SPDIF.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I upgraded to 2.5.9 a few weeks ago and I've noticed that all my colossus recordings are bad. Bad frame rate and no audio. So I decided to check live view today and it plays like it records. I then checked the input via ShowBiz and it was fine.

When I went to check the device settings I see that it is on RCA, I went to change it to SPDIF and hit okay and okay. I checked in settings and it was back to RCA. I tried setting it again and restarting the service but no dice.
download the new Patch package R2 http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...938#post438938 then reboot after installation. When adding a new channel, choose SPDIF and it should stick, you will see it in the channel info
saitoh183, your URL was truncated, could you give me the url again? This might be cleared up in the post but is this now a channel only option? I only use SPDIF with that device.

I see patch info in the sticky, for some reasons the stickies in this forum never stand out to me.
Try to plug the RCA audio of the component plugs and then replug SPDIF. i had to do that in order to get the audio to work and once audio worked video stop lagging
the forum software always shortens URL's for display; when you wish to put copy/paste it you have to right click the URL and select "Copy Shortcut" (or whatever equivalent command in your chosen browser). If you just highlight the displayed text and copy that, you'll get the useless shortened version.

saitoh183 is correct, you will likely need the current patches to correct several issues and improve the UI for the HD-PVR2 & Colossus devices. They are indeed in the sticky you found (also linked in my signature). People do often instinctively ignore stickies in forums, because stickies often contain useless outdated information; you have to look down past all the stickies to find the new posts. This is why the sticky here is the only one, why it's linked in my signature, and why I close and re-create it with every NPVR release to keep the thread date relatively recent.