NextPVR Forums

Full Version: LiveTV issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello --

Reference: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...g-Channels

I have a Ceton/SageDCT/Network Recorder/NPVR setup and while recordings work fine -- LiveTV rarely does. As requested in reference thread, I've started this thread and am attaching my logs. In this instance, LiveTV did work for me (usually doesn't), but it only lasted about 2 seconds before going to a black screen.

I've included NPVR, NRecord, and SageDCT logs. My exact steps were as follows:

1. Shut down SageDCT / NPVR services
2. Delete old logs
3. Start services
4. Open NPVR
5. Open EPG
6. Pick Standard Definition channel (NBC I believe)
7. Double click, pick "Watch"
8. Watched 2 seconds, after black screen I exited application and saved logs

Hope this helps. If you want me to try anything else, please let me know.
Could you upload NetworkRecorder.xml. Also I need the SageDCT set to debug logging. I can't explain how, because I can't run it from here in Canada.

Martin
Hi Martin --

Attached are some new logs. Same steps (substituting Fox for NBC), but this time LiveTV didn't play (just a black screen). I set the SageDCT logs to "Verbose" this time around.
Attaching another set of logs that include the 10 seconds of video followed with freeze. Network Recorder xml file same as the above post.
Could you try adding

<SocketOpen>true</SocketOpen>

to each of the tuners restart the recording service and try again?

Martin
If that didn't work could you try this, with your original settings. If that works are you using jumbo frames?

Martin
Tried it with socket open and wasn't able to get to the black screen. Inspecting logs shows an exception of some sort. Attaching logs. As an aside, I really appreciate you looking at this!
Tried the updated DLL and while I can't verify audio (I'm RDC'ed into the media center), the LiveTV has been working for the last couple minutes! It's never lasted longer than a few seconds.
Thanks, you probably need the update.

Martin
Tried a channel that I previously never received video, and this time I got about 5 seconds before it froze. Definitely an improvement though. Smile

I'll pull together those logs.
Pages: 1 2