NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No Live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Hauppauge WinTV 950Q USB Tv Tuner connected to an ATSC Antenna. Using WinTV, I can pickup about 16 channels. I installed NextPVR and all the required prerequisites posted online. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. Intel Dual-Core with 4GB RAM.

I launched NextPVR... all channels WinTV found so did NextPVR. However, when I double-click on LiveTV, it shows "Sorry, no tuner available." Also happened when I tried to record a show.

In the Devices option, it shows the card mentioned above as "Present" and "Enabled" and 22 channels.

Windows Firewall also turned off (someone suggested this in another post.

Would love to get this working, so I can add XBMC and get it all working in one nice client (and finally cancel my cable bill).

Maybe I have conflicting software? I have no idea... please assist.
You'll need to post the npvr.log and nrecord.log so we can look.
Here is my log file...

Also getting "Sorry, no tuner available" when double-clicking on Live Tv...

I'm trying a recording now to see if a file is produced, and if anything is saved to said file... but I'm not hopeful.
Quote:2013-01-15 23:59:01.669 [DEBUG][24] Asking NDigitalHost to start: LIVE&C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Local\Temp\live-WUTV-HD-3485.ts
It could be to do with your recording path. I'm not sure the localsystem account will have access to that directory.
In another set of logs you also use V:\TV Shows for recordings if that is a share you would need to follow the ideas I posted here

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post449689

Martin
I got it working! Part of the issue was the decoder used. However... having deleted all settings and installing from scratch may have helped... something wasn't set right. Now... time to get it working with XBMC. Last question... is there a "buffer" time I can set... eg. Let it buffer for 10-15 seconds when watching Live TV? It appears to be set at 5 seconds I think...

This is very exciting! So happy!