NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR not the app in focus when launched from the 'Green Button' on an MCE remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running a client machine on Windows 8. I have selected the option to open NextPVR when the green button is pressed on the MCE remote. I have also selected the option to open in fullscreen. When I do so, the application launches, but the Windows taskbar covers the bottom of the screen. Because NextPVR is not the application in focus, it does not reply to further button presses. I have to grab the mouse and click on the UI before it will respond.

Has anyone seen this behavior on Windows 8?

Thanks, MIKE
digidad Wrote:Has anyone seen this behavior on Windows 8?
No ... but I get the same thing in Win 7 with a Hauppauge remote. I press the green button a second time and then any other key and NextPVR gets focus and it's all good.
Graham for the Hauppauge try something like this in your irremote.ini:
GRNPOWER={run("C:\Progra~1\npvr\nextpvr.exe")}{sleep(2500)}{findwnd(,nPVR)}{fgnwnd()}

Digidad, I'm not sure how the MCE remote works but what this command does for the Hauppauge is it; (1) start Nextpvr, (2) waits for 2.5 seconds, (3) find the window nPVR; and (4) makes that windows the foreground window. Hopefully that will give you some ideas for the MCE remote.
digidad Wrote:I am running a client machine on Windows 8. I have selected the option to open NextPVR when the green button is pressed on the MCE remote. I have also selected the option to open in fullscreen. When I do so, the application launches, but the Windows taskbar covers the bottom of the screen. Because NextPVR is not the application in focus, it does not reply to further button presses. I have to grab the mouse and click on the UI before it will respond.

Has anyone seen this behavior on Windows 8?

Thanks, MIKE

Yes - very anoying - It works fine from either a desktop shortcut or on start with a shortcut in the start folder (using start8 to go directly to the desktop) just the green button.
Polite Bump
After answering another post on the MCE remote I remembered this has never been resolved.

As you are now in the process for the next upgrade, is there any chance you can look at this Sub - it is still happening on 2.6.2
Honestly I never got ever get this to work. The green button never started NextPVR at all. I solved this when I started to use LM remote to control the PC with my remote. Just made myself a green button that started NextPVR and put it into focus.
merc82 Wrote:Graham for the Hauppauge try something like this in your irremote.ini:
GRNPOWER={run("C:\Progra~1\npvr\nextpvr.exe")}{sleep(2500)}{findwnd(,nPVR)}{fgnwnd()}

Digidad, I'm not sure how the MCE remote works but what this command does for the Hauppauge is it; (1) start Nextpvr, (2) waits for 2.5 seconds, (3) find the window nPVR; and (4) makes that windows the foreground window. Hopefully that will give you some ideas for the MCE remote.

Does anyone know what the equivalent file is for an XP Media Centre Edition OS using a MCE remote?
@smiffy: if you're talking about the native handling of the MCE remote in windows, the settings are in the registry, not a file. pBS had quite a bit of info on this a few years ago, and it may be in the GBPVR wiki. I'd also try searching on mce remote no software.

Here it is, first hit on Google:

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...Y-SOFTWARE!

I use an MCE remote, have some extra/special keys set up in the registry, and use the NPVR native handling of the MCE remote.

I also have the green button configured with this method to start NPVR via a shortcut hotkey (ctrl-alt- something) and it starts full screen, not taskbar. Win 7.
I have the same issue, press green button, NPVR starts, but not in focus, so have to click with a mouse before it will respond to further remote commands.

I am starting fullscreen, checked to start with MCE green button (using MCE remote). Running latest version (3.29), on XP-MCE.

Thanks
Chuck