NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 1.8.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for the update, just a couple of (very small)things so far:
1) During the install the cmd window stated installation failed rollback completed (or something similar), but the windows installer reported installation successful. Properties for the service indicate 1.8.4, so I guess it did update, but the contradictory info could be confusing.
2) Would really have loved server settings to persist across the install on both the client and service. It's surprisingly fiddly to re-enter everything on two devices, starting and stopping various services! Also if the credentials don't match between the server and client then the client gets stuck and has to be uninstalled and reinstalled to get back to the settings page.
3) The transcoding options are greyed out in the menu options. Am I missing something?

Anyway, great work, just being picky, hope you don't mind in the search for perfection!!
Quote:NOTE: this requires NextPVR v2.5.11

Latest I've seen is 2.5.9 with the R2 fix pack. What/where is 2.5.11?
fuzzweed Wrote:Thanks for the update, just a couple of (very small)things so far:
1) During the install the cmd window stated installation failed rollback completed (or something similar), but the windows installer reported installation successful. Properties for the service indicate 1.8.4, so I guess it did update, but the contradictory info could be confusing.
Odd. I'll do some tests today to see if I can reproduce that.

Quote:2) Would really have loved server settings to persist across the install on both the client and service. It's surprisingly fiddly to re-enter everything on two devices, starting and stopping various services! Also if the credentials don't match between the server and client then the client gets stuck and has to be uninstalled and reinstalled to get back to the settings page.
Yeah, sorry. It was unavoidable at the app end as I reworked the database in this version and all data was lost - I'll add a warning to the release thread to emphasis the settings need to be re-entered. The windows installer wasn't supposed to overwrite the service settings file though - I'll check it out.

Quote:3) The transcoding options are greyed out in the menu options. Am I missing something?
Yes, the next version of NextPVR. Transcoding for both TV and recordings is supposedly available for the current release of npvr but I found it was hit & miss for Live TV and didn't work at all for any recordings I tried. sub provided me with a patched dll which improves things greatly but it isn't publically available yet. The nDroid app will automatically enable those settings when it detects the correct version of npvr.

Quote:Anyway, great work, just being picky, hope you don't mind in the search for perfection!!
No problem. This is exactly why I had to release it now - I was happy it was mostly working but knew there were some things that need attention and needed to get end-user feedback.

Cheers,
Brian
digidad Wrote:Latest I've seen is 2.5.9 with the R2 fix pack. What/where is 2.5.11?
The next version of npvr not yet released. I can't discuss it in detail but sub gave me the go ahead to mention it in the nDroid release notes.
I got the same RollBack thingy as fuzzweed - I've attached a screenshot...

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:I got the same RollBack thingy as fuzzweed - I've attached a screenshot...

Alex
OK I get it, thanks Alex. It's trying to re-register the nDroid Service and failing because it's already registered. It's not a problem although that message isn't going to inspire confidence. I don't remember it doing that with previous versions and I haven't changed that part of the installer as far as I can tell. I'll add some warnings to the wiki page and release thread.
I also got the CREDENTIALS problem although it was most likely due to a typo on my part. I can see a few other folks having problems with typos too.

The app seems to know that there is a problem and indicates that the download was cancelled, but I couldn't find any way to get into the apps settings except to uninstall and reinstall (same as fuzzweed).

Otherwise, no problems with live TV and recordings...

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:The app seems to know that there is a problem and indicates that the download was cancelled, but I couldn't find any way to get into the apps settings except to uninstall and reinstall (same as fuzzweed).
Damn, I could've sworn I'd added code to take the user to the server/credentials page if it detects a bad username/password issue.

I'm working on tweaking things so the credentials don't get lost at either end. I can easily update the service installer but I can't remember if I can upload another version of the app with the same version number. I've a feeling the Play Store will tell me a version of that number already exists. I can see v1.8.5 coming a lot quicker than v1.8.4 did. Smile

Quote:Otherwise, no problems with live TV and recordings...
Good to know - thanks for confirmation.
From the 1.8.4 announcement thread
Quote:Sorry if some of the changes I'd said I'd make didn't make it - last year was really hectic for me and I just needed to get this version out before I completely lost the plot. Please feel free to bump any threads with outstanding problems or requests.
Did you get anywhere with the multiple concurrent live TV users stuff?

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:Did you get anywhere with the multiple concurrent live TV users stuff?
I understand all of the words individually but put together like that I'm not so sure. Big Grin

Joking, sorry, although I had to re-read it a few times. I assume you mean starting TV on a second client kills the first (and so on)?

I added a UUID as a client session identifier but haven't been able to test it properly.
Pages: 1 2