NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No recordings playing when connected to network via ethernet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Brian, as discussed already, playback of existing recordings are not working on my MInix Neo X5 when it is connected to my network via ethernet.

Logcat extract is attached

Android spec:

=========================
Manufacturer: rockchip
Model: NEO-X5
Brand: rk30sdk
Version: 4.1.1 (REL)
Build: eng (test-keys)
Kernel: Linux version 3.0.8+ (root@ubuntu) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #91 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 17 13:07:22 CST 2013
CPU: 2 core(s) 1.61 GHz
CPU architecture: 7
CPU features: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
Instruction set: armeabi-v7a (+armeabi)
Resolution: 1280 x 672
Available screen size (DIP): 1280 x 672 (smallest: 720)
Density: 1.0 (160)
Font scale: 1.0
Hardware main button: false
Locale: en_GB
MemTotal: 891116 kB

MemFree: 302012 kB
Buffers: 16388 kB
Cached: 263260 kB
Active: 212644 kB
Inactive: 218684 kB
=========================
Ndroid service logs attached. However there is no activity showing in there at the time of accessing the Recordings in the client.
Damn!!! Sad

When I was tidying things up getting ready for releasing 1.8.4 there was a line of code in there which rang a little alarm bell in the back of my brain - unfortunately not loud enough.

Sorry, I originally locked playback of recordings to wifi only as it just didn't work over mobile internet. I thought I'd changed it to wifi or ethernet but I can see that's not the case.

I think I have your email address but if you could PM me a reminder of it I'll send you a fixed version later tonight.
Thanks Brian - PM Sent

I can confirm it works fine on the same device via wifi.
I can't play recordings via wifi - it asks me which video player to use - no matter which I choose, it says This Video cannot be played...

The same files play fine from Videos though.

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:I can't play recordings via wifi - it asks me which video player to use - no matter which I choose, it says This Video cannot be played...

The same files play fine from Videos though.

Alex
OK, that's odd. In theory Recordings and Videos use the same mechanism. Expect an email.