NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge Blaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been searching the net but have been unable to find something that i could use to fix this issue with the less tweaking possible.

I use the BlastCFG in combination with haupblast.exe and it works great for the most part but when my SA 8300 goes into sleep mode, when record times comes along , i get a recording in SD because blaster missed the first digit because of Wake up of the STB. Is there a easy fix for this...either sending a key press before channel digits are sent or something? I had a look at the Blastcfg but there doesnt seem to be anything there and there are options greyed out(maybe can still configure them via the ini file)

thanks
bump?...anyone?
Increase Power On Delay to 2000 ms, perhaps enable Send 'Power On' before Channel. Not sure if the Power On Delay is active without the 'Power On' command. I'm just guessing, have not used BlastCfg.
Thanks, but i think the power on will toggle the power and close it if it was on already. Is there some other program that can utilize the Hauppauge Blaster of the Colossus?
Unfortunately I think you're pretty much stuck with BlastCFG. Your best bet is probably finding some setting to turn off sleep mode on your set top box.

Alternatively you could try using a batch file as your blaster, and from that run HaupBlast.exe more than once.
How about sending 5 digits minimum? That would send 00525 instead of 525, giving those 0's an opportunity to wake the unit... Just thinking out loud...
sub Wrote:Unfortunately I think you're pretty much stuck with BlastCFG. Your best bet is probably finding some setting to turn off sleep mode on your set top box.

Alternatively you could try using a batch file as your blaster, and from that run HaupBlast.exe more than once.

There is no turning off sleep mode on the SA8300 from what i have read. So i guess sending the command twice is the only real solution... Sad

jghanisco Wrote:How about sending 5 digits minimum? That would send 00525 instead of 525, giving those 0's an opportunity to wake the unit... Just thinking out loud...

The SA8300 only registers 3 digits and then there is a sort of delay to reset so 00525 would do 005 then delay then reset and do 25 or just 5 if 2 is done to early.
I setup a cmd file and put in it

Code:
Haupblast.exe %1
Timeout /T 3 /NOBREAK
Haupblast.exe %1

Added my NPVR directory to the Environement variables so that i dont have to put the entire path to the haupblast.exe in my cmd file.

Then modified the Channel Changer to executable as C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe and argument to /C c:\blast.cmd {channel}.

My first attempt was with a 1 sec timeout which was to fast. Since i have to wait till the STB goes into standby again, i can test the 3 sec yet. 3 sec works nicely when STB is out of sleep cuz by the time the channel loads on screen, i dont see the change of channel happen on screen. Will post back once i get the optimal timeout down.
Working? I have the same problem with bell express vu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it was working when i was using it. I have now changed my 8300 to a Cisco 4642 So no more sleep issues so i dont need to do double blasting anymore.
Pages: 1 2