NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 1.8.5 and false Transcoding setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Brian,

spotted another issue with 1.8.4/1.8.5

After installing, the ndroid app is fine. But, when you then go into the server settings screen, then return back out to the main screen without saving/altering anything, a file called uk.co.beetec.android.nDroid_preferences.xml is created in the shared_prefs directory. This sets my live streaming/recordings video stream playback to 'transcoding' and this then times out in my mx player, even though the transcoding is set to false on the settings screen and in the xml file.

If you then delete the xml file using a file manager, then reload the app, the app plays streams fine.

This condition is the same on both my samsung galaxy tabs.
That shouldn't happen. I'm assuming your tabs (or one of them at least) is rooted otherwise you wouldn't be able to see that file. Can you repeat the procedure and zip / email me that xml file?
Email with file sent..
+1

Same issue here on Galaxy tab 10.1 and HTC Sensation. Since my Tab is rooted i was able to delete the file and all seems good. My HTC is not rooted so there i couldn't access the file, i e still problems.

Br

Lengis
odin Wrote:Email with file sent..
Thanks got it. I was expecting the default behaviour for those setting to be different. Fixed for next release.
bgowland Wrote:Thanks got it. I was expecting the default behaviour for those setting to be different. Fixed for next release.
Just to check Brian...

It looks like transcoding defaults to true even if the NPVR server version (2.5.5) doesn't support it. Will this fix handle that situation too?

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:Just to check Brian...

It looks like transcoding defaults to true even if the NPVR server version (2.5.5) doesn't support it. Will this fix handle that situation too?

Alex
Yes. Basically the default setting was incorrect (regardless of npvr version) and the code was trying to transcode with an invalid URL.