NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 1.8.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This release has fixed the now/next and the transcoding (with NPVR 2.5.5) issues for me - great work Brian.

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:This release has fixed the now/next and the transcoding (with NPVR 2.5.5) issues for me - great work Brian.

Alex
Thanks for the confirmation Alex. Hopefully "third time lucky". Big Grin
Thanks Brian, looking good on my X5 also. Live tv audio is out of synch but that might just be the x5 as it is fine on my samsung tabs..
odin Wrote:Thanks Brian, looking good on my X5 also. Live tv audio is out of synch but that might just be the x5 as it is fine on my samsung tabs..
I often get out of sync audio on my 'budget' tablet (no transcoding), but a quick pause/play fixes it - I assumed it was something to do with the video player I'm using...

Alex
odin Wrote:Thanks Brian, looking good on my X5 also. Live tv audio is out of synch but that might just be the x5 as it is fine on my samsung tabs..
I'm afraid Live TV is out of my hands. The nDroid app simply puts together a URL for the npvr web server and passes it out to the Android OS to find a suitable 3rd-party video player.

As Alex suggests, it will come down to how the video player handles the stream it gets from the npvr web server. Try different settings for decoders in the video player app you're using. Alternatively the transcoding option (when available) might help solve some of this sort of problem - I find I get good quality video and audio even at the lower resolutions and bitrates (well good enough for smaller screens anyway).
You can try switching between hardware/ software encoders in both MXPlayer and Vplayer for better results
Regarding the audio synch issue with live streams on the X5. Its an odd one this as recordings play back fine.. we only really use ndroid on the x5 for recording, as it is hooked up to the lounge tv so i'm not going to waste any time looking at the live side.