NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Some channels freeze after a couple frames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So far my search has not been fruitful so I thought I would try a post. I have a few channels that display a frame or 2 and then freeze. Specifically this happens on both ESPN and ESPNHD so I suspected a CCI issue so I called my cable provider (TWC) and they assured me there shouldn't be any CCI flag issues. I don't have a lot of faith in their answer because they didn't seem to know what they are talking about, and I can tune both these channels in WMC.

Anyone have these issues or have any thoughts?
With so little information about your h/w and no logs it's hard to say.

Martin
Sorry windows 7, hdhomerun prime, video codec is the standard Microsoft, audio was ac3 but disabled right now trying to figure out video. Is there a sticky for how to and which logs to post? Other than logs which I am working on, what else would be useful?
Audio needs to be enabled for timing. There is a 2.5.9 sticky and a wiki on the logs.

Martin
Sorry Martin, thanks for the help and quick responses. Does this get you what you need?
Try changing the config.xml entry to false

<AlternateOSDForMissingVideo>false</AlternateOSDForMissingVideo>

Martin
Looks like it already is

<DVDVideoRenderer>EVR</DVDVideoRenderer>
<DVDAudioRenderer>Default</DVDAudioRenderer>
<AlternateOSDForMissingVideo>false</AlternateOSDForMissingVideo>
<ForcedLiveTVClock>Default</ForcedLiveTVClock>
<OSDTransparency>0.75</OSDTransparency>
If it is true does it say Encrypted Content?

Martin
So I changed it to "AlternateOSDForMissingVideo" to true and now all of the channels are black but there is no "Encrypted" message. I don't know what I am looking for but didn't see it in the log either.

When I tuned the first channel it was on a channel that was working before and I got about 1 sec of video feed before it went black.
AceTimber Wrote:So far my search has not been fruitful so I thought I would try a post. I have a few channels that display a frame or 2 and then freeze. Specifically this happens on both ESPN and ESPNHD so I suspected a CCI issue so I called my cable provider (TWC) and they assured me there shouldn't be any CCI flag issues. I don't have a lot of faith in their answer because they didn't seem to know what they are talking about, and I can tune both these channels in WMC.

Anyone have these issues or have any thoughts?
This is the typical behaviour you'd see when viewing a copy-once/copy-never channel. You'll often see a few frames before it locks.

The web server on the HDHomeRun Prime or Hauppauge DCR-2650 has a diagnostic page that can tell you what copy protection the current channel is using. I cant remember the exact page, but I'd be checking there as a first stop.
Pages: 1 2