NextPVR Forums

Full Version: recurring recording prioritys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm assuming this feature hasn't been implemented yet as I can't find any documentation on how to do it so i was wondering how others are working around this. I would also love to be able to deal with conflicts through NEWA so I can schedule a one time recording in place of something else please.
If there is a recurring recording scheduled at a certain time where you'd rather record something else, you can go into the Tv guide, point at the recurring recording and cancel it. That will not cancel all recurring recordings, just that one so that whatever tuner it was scheduled on is free to record another show. If you have another tuner which has the channel the recurring was supposed to record but not the one you wanted instead, you can run an epg update and the recurring will be scheduled again on the other tuner. That's how I do it at least.
I'm set up with XBMC as my front end so I don't actually mess much with the NextPVR gui as it is running in my server room at the back of the house, so I try to schedule recordings with NEWA the web interface. When you attempt to schedule a recording that conflicts with other recordings it just gives you a recording failed message,it does not give you the opportunity to cancel the other recordings to make room for the one you want without manually searching the guide to see what is recording at that time and cancel it. I would just like to be able to do that through NEWA so I don't have to physically go to the server when I want to schedule a conflicted recording.
You could also run a npvr client on the same computer that xbmc runs on, that will save you the walk. I'm not so sure about NEWA, I haven't used it much, but npvr does not have a conflict handling system or a priority system yet, you are pretty much on your own.
From what I'v seen of xbmc so far, managing recordings in xbmc would be a nightmare. So better stick to npvr, server or client.
I don't think npvr will run on my raspberry pi so that's not an option for me.
x-newa allows all newa's scheduling, search, and conflict mgt functions on xbmc . I admit I have never tested conflict handling so I'll need to check that.

Martin