NextPVR Forums

Full Version: progress update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

been quiet in here for a while, just thought I'd report my progress

I'm about half way through swapping out knockoutjs to angularjs and jqueryui for bootstrap (still using some jqueryui)

progress has been a little slow because

- Christmas
- New Years
- My brothers wedding/stag do
- I'm building my first house, so spent lots of time networking it up etc, and running around sorting stuff out for it

Also there has been much demand for this on the forums, so I figure I can just take my time as not many people really want to use it anyway Smile

At my new house I will be installing a server in a cabinet, which will be a completely headless unit, so personally I won't be using nextpvr app for configuration where possible and using this solely.
can't wait! i'm also going to try using it as the sole interface with my other clients around the house. keep up the great work!
I think you meant to say "not much demand", but like you I want the interface to manage the recording engine. So I'm definitely interested. I believe that if I can get XBMC properly configured, I won't need the UI of NPVR either.

Understandably it's a busy time of year, I was just looking to see how development was coming along too when you posted this...thanks for the update!

reven Wrote:Also there has been much demand for this on the forums, so I figure I can just take my time as not many people really want to use it anyway Smile
managed to get some work done today on it, nearly completed the configuration update to angular/bootstrap. converted more controls (prompt message, folder browser dialog), the controls are what take the longest time in angular, once they're done pages are fairly quick to do.

the system page won't take long, theres not much on that page, mostly just info and a couple of lists.

hopefully i should get an alpha somewhat soon, depending on life stuff (in process of building my house, well builders are building it, but im doing all the network stuff and over seeing a lot).

hopefully get more testers this time around, more testers = more feedback = more motivation to fix things = more progress = better app Smile

i have a lot less time to test currently, so will need community help here.
I am looking forward to the update as well. Good luck with the house build.
I would like to test it out but does the Nshared.DLL we need to replace contain all the latest fixes + your Web fixes? I wouldnt want to install it and my current config stops working with my Colossus tuner. Everything is currently working a1. I guess i could install it on another PC with NPVR connect as a client to my main NPVR and test it that way
Exactly why I haven't installed the Alpha yet. I wasn't sure if that file was updated to match all the changes Sub has done for XBMC and such.
or you could just make a backup of the nshared.dlll.....

use whatever the latest version of nshared.dll there is, the newest version will contain the changes needed for the web console.
another update.

spent the last few nights completely removing knockoutjs and swapping it for angularjs. this is now complete.

ive started adding support for network shares, this should work, but I don't have a live system currently to test against (new house is 3 weeks away, and I will be using DVB-T, so I sold my DVB-S2 card and have no TV atm Smile).

ive ripped out all the no longer needed code (angular lets you do a lot more with a lot less code, one of the main reasons i switched).

its now a single page app, so theres no screen refreshes. urls look like

http://[server]/#/dashboard
http://[server]/#/guide
etc, the # is how it can be a single page app but with different urls for each page.

Since I have no test system, I won't be releasing a new version before easter, I have a week off after easter to settle into my house and finish stuff around the house, hopefully I'll get a few hours then to test and package up a new alpha.

However, any brave soles could download the source and try it themselves. Like I said, this has had very little testing. But if you know IIS, you can just download the source setup a new webapp on a different port and run it side by side with alpha 1.

there will probably be some CSS issues (buttons/links off by a couple of pixels) in IE, was tweaking it for chrome last night, which makes IE sometimes need tweaking. Chrome/webkit is the standard, so I'll get that perfect, then adjust for other browsers (you always need to tweak a couple of things per browser).

the mobile side is probably completely broken ATM as well, as that was using knockout, but this was never released so not a biggie. I also finally have a computer that can run the windows phone 8 emulator, so I'll likely shortly start making a native app for WP8.

If any devs want to help out with the mobile side let me know, one requirement is the guide be a full guide (this is about 80% atm, scrolling is done, I just haven't hooked up click events or the show info/recording dialogs).
another update Smile

Managed to get a basic working nextpvr system on my laptop (extension cords, usb tuner). So I'm able to fix bugs and actually test it.

If you're running from source, expect nightly changes Smile
Pages: 1 2