NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nDroid: I need testers with lots of channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've re-worked the way EPG data is handled by nDroid in the hope it will solve problems with importing data for a large number of channels. It's not ready to go to public release yet as I'd like to test it out first.

If you'd like to help test I'm looking for the following...

1. A lot of channels in your NextPVR setup goes without saying (at least 120, ideally 150 or more).
2. Willing to hack about with test versions of the nDroid app and service.
3. Reasonably tech savvy and able to install Android apps manually (not using the Google Play Store). I'll provide full instructions for this.
4. Willing to report back your experience.

All I really need to get back from testers is...

1. How many channels do you have.
2. Did it work?
3. How long does it take to import / update the EPG data (assuming it works of course).

If you're interested then PM me with an email address so I can send instructions and links for downloads.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian, I have a few ICS tablets now, and willing to test with as many channels as you need. Wifi only though. You should have my email info.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Brian, I have a few ICS tablets now, and willing to test with as many channels as you need. Wifi only though. You should have my email info.

Martin
Thanks Martin. Yes, I still have your email info. Wifi is fine - the amount of data downloaded will be about the same as before, it's the processing time when importing to the DB I'm concerned about. Still tweaking but I'll email when ready.

Cheers,
Brian