NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nDroid not getting started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have NPVR running on a Acer Revo with Win7.

I have opened the firewall according to instructions for all ports both ways. Username and password set to same as NEWA. Port left at 8790.

No matter what I do nDroid, running on my android 4.0 tablet just sits with a spinning wheel. I can't even stop that, I have to uninstall each time I want to try another idea.

Never known such an infuriating app. Please can anyone suggest the one silly thing I may not have done or a way to test what is not working.
Posting your nDroid logs would be a good start - I'm not sure where they are in W7 but in XP they are in
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Beetec Services\nDroid Service\logs

Alex
First thing I'd suggest is to try again with your W7 firewall disabled completely and see what happens. If it works without firewall then it's a firewall configuration problem. If it still doesn't work then, as Alex says, zip and attach the nDroid Service logs. For W7 they should be in...
Code:
C:\Users\Public\Beetec Services\nDroid Service\logs
How bizarre. I followed your advice and opened the firewall and it worked. When I turned the firewall back on it was still working. Hopefully when it all resets later it will still be working otherwise I'll post logs. Thanks for your advice.
billybo8 Wrote:How bizarre. I followed your advice and opened the firewall and it worked. When I turned the firewall back on it was still working. Hopefully when it all resets later it will still be working otherwise I'll post logs. Thanks for your advice.
Glad you got it working. It's always worth trying with any software which needs network comms - temporarily disable the firewall and see what happens. As for it still working after you re-enabled it, don't get me started on the subject of software firewalls - I hate them with a passion. Big Grin

Cheers,
Brian