NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Playing music in nDroid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having no success playing music from my NPVR library. I select Music from settings, navigate to a folder and select a track.

I see a grey bar along the top of the screen with "nDroid Music Player" in the top left and the name of the track in the middle of the screen - but no sound. if I tap the screen I get rewind, play and forward symbols at the bottom of the screen. If I tap on any of the symbols, they all disappear.

If I wait long enough, sometimes I get the unfortunately, nDroid has stopped... dialog box

Have I missed something?

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:Have I missed something?
Yes, you forgot to post your nDroid Service logs. Wink

Unlike previous nDroid versions which used an external music player and would start playback automatically, this is my first attempt at a media player and you will need to manually start the playback with the "Play" button.

Yes, the buttons will disappear after you touch them but will re-appear when you touch the screen again (avoid touching where the buttons appear as you may misfire and cause a double-touch and they'll immediately disappear again). The buttons are a stock Android device and I'm not particularly enamoured - in theory I can set them to stay permanently which is what I would like but they just don't seem to work that way.

Anyway, back to your playback problem, I would need to see the logs for the listener, helper and streamer. BTW, you should also get album art as well as the track name although I may not have set it to use all image formats - how do you save your album art? jpeg, png etc?

Cheers,
Brian
Logs atached Smile

My Album Art is a fair old mixture of jpg, png, gif and embedded... How are you identifying AA - is it folder.jpg or AlbumName.jpg or what?

Alex
Hmmm, I'll need to look a bit closer at this. The only thing I can see in the logs is...
Code:
07/02/2013 22:55:50.630 GetMediaFolderContents() - enumerating folders threw exception: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\My Documents\My Music'.   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
Does that folder actually exist?

ACTCMS Wrote:How are you identifying AA - is it folder.jpg or AlbumName.jpg or what?
Good question. Smile I've just looked and it uses "folder.xyz" but I just realised if it fails at folder.jpg then it doesn't properly request .png then .gif (something else that needs fixing). Are you using names other than folder.xyz (AlbumArt.xyz?).
bgowland Wrote:Hmmm, I'll need to look a bit closer at this. The only thing I can see in the logs is...
Code:
07/02/2013 22:55:50.630 GetMediaFolderContents() - enumerating folders threw exception: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\My Documents\My Music'.   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
Does that folder actually exist?
No it doesn't - that was the last thing I tried. I cleared the logs before I started playing with music, so the earlier sessions will be more valid.
Quote:Good question. Smile I've just looked and it uses "folder.xyz" but I just realised if it fales at folder.jpg then it doesn't properly request .png then .gif. Are you using names other than folder.xyz (AlbumArt.xyz?).
I do use other names and I can have more than one image in each folder, but I'll set up a test dir specifically for playing about with...

Alex
I just cleared the logs and did a simple session with a test album dir containing a folder.jpg - see logs...

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:I just cleared the logs and did a simple session with a test album dir containing a folder.jpg - see logs...

Alex
Totally confused and convinced I've finally gone mad.

How come your folder path doesn't have a trailing backslash? (It's a rhetorical question of course)...
Code:
08/02/2013 00:54:00.353 ProcessGetMediaItems() - Requested File: D:\PVR\MP3s\AAA Easy Rider
Mine does...
Code:
08/02/2013 01:15:22.688 ProcessGetMediaItems() - Requested File: D:\Jukebox\Beatles\Revolver\
It's the missing backslash which will be causing lack of album art and failure of playback. I've been staring at my code but can't see the wood for the trees. I'll have to get back to you.

Cheers,
Brian
I did notice the missing \ in my logs - I'm on XP Pro, although it's hard to believe that the OS would affect this.

As you can imagine though, given my coding background, I would just check for a \ and add one if needed Smile

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:I did notice the missing \ in my logs - I'm on XP Pro, although it's hard to believe that the OS would affect this.

As you can imagine though, given my coding background, I would just check for a \ and add one if needed Smile

Alex
It's OK, I've worked it out...
Code:
08/02/2013 00:52:22.100 MusicLibrary folders...
08/02/2013 00:52:22.100      Big Band : D:\PVR\MP3s\Various Artists\Big Band Gold - Volume 1- The Big Bands\
08/02/2013 00:52:22.100      Local My Music : C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\My Documents\My Music\
08/02/2013 00:52:22.100      MP3s PVRA : D:\PVR\MP3s\
08/02/2013 00:52:22.100      nDroid Test : D:\PVR\MP3s\AAA Easy Rider
08/02/2013 00:52:22.100      Net Radio : D:\PVR\Recordings\
08/02/2013 00:52:22.100      Various PVRA : D:\PVR\MP3s\Various Artists\
Could you try it again but add a trailing backslash to the nDroid Test folder.

I have to admit I'm normally really fastidious when it comes to path separators and normally check in code to make sure they're there - definitely a bug with root folders, I'll fix it.

Cheers,
Brian
Thanks Brian - Adding the \ fixed it - that and having a folder.jpg... nDroid Music Player now plays fine although it seems to let the tablet go to sleep - I've attached the logs... the session starts with 'The Pusher'

Not a major problem, but the AA also displays in widescreen aspect ratio...

BTW - When looking at adding the missing \ something weird happened... I started NPVR on the server and went to settings/media folders - then I opened config.xml with notepad++ - no \ in config - \ shows in settings (see attached screenshot) - I closed notepad++, OKed settings, closd NPVR and opened config in notepad++ again - the \ was now there? so probably a one-off...

So all I'm looking for now is Random Play, Playlists, Graphic Equaliser, Visualisations, Screen Saver and that sort of stuff...Big Grin

Seriously though, don't spend too much time on this to the detriment of other core stuff like EPG downloading.

Alex
Pages: 1 2