NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unable to watch DVB-C encrypted channels with CI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I have a setup with Windows 7 64bit running a single Technotrend CT-3650 CI for my DVB-C provider. My CA-module is a CryptoCam (Cryptoguard decryption) which can be seen here

All the free channels work great and everything is fine but when I scan for my encrypted channels (which works great in another digital receiver) I get that all channels are encrypted even though I have chosen "Common Interface H/W" and ofcourse inserted the "provider card" into the CAM.

Does anyone have any idea? I am not even sure that the CAM is identified and works? Or the provider card? Can I see this somewhere?

I have attached the log files from a channel scan. Would appreciate any help!
Sorry, there is no support for this device's CI module. The app can use the CI of the other TechnoTrend devices like the 150x range of devices, but not this 3650.
If the smartcard is not paired with the CAM you should be able to use a Phoenix type cardreader, NewCS cardserver and Acamd softcam to decrypt.
Ok, just to be sure. The CI of 3650 wont get support in the future?

Regarding the softcam solution. I would still need multiple TV-cards to view different channels on different TV's right? The softcam is only used for decryption I guess?

Thanks!
Yes and no. Yes the softcam is only for decrypting. When using a softcam solution npvr can utilize multirecord, that is if the channels you want to watch/record are on the same physical frequency you can actually record/watch several channels with only one capturecard. I would recommend having at least two thou. The good news is that a cardserver/softcam can serve A LOT of capture devices.

Edit: A word of advice; if you plan to install more than one capturecard of the same brand in your computer, make sure that the crads driver can handle multiple cards. Some manufacturers don't bother to write the driver reentrant so it handles only one card at a time (like the Cinergy C PCI HD, which is an excellent card apart from that).
Alright. What I understand the 3650 should work with multiple capturecards.

I have now ordered a phoenix reader but is there any good guide for the installation of NewsCS and Acamd that you could recommend?

Thanks!
There are some good info here http://www.satshara.tv/modules/smartsect...ng=english and here http://www.bestsupertech.com/2010/06/dvb...lugin.html
I should have written a wiki page about it but I haven't got around to do it yet. There are some threads in this forum where the most common questions are answered, try searching for Acamd and NewCS, and feel free to ask if you are stuck.
Alright. I'll work at it as soon as my phoenix reader arrives! I hope there wont be any problem with cryptoguard - have read that some people has a lot of trouble with it!

Once again - Thank you very much for your fast and very helpful answers, I really appreciate it!
Oopsjoppe Wrote:Alright. I'll work at it as soon as my phoenix reader arrives! I hope there wont be any problem with cryptoguard - have read that some people has a lot of trouble with it!

Once again - Thank you very much for your fast and very helpful answers, I really appreciate it!
Y'r welcome Smile
Hi Again! Ofcourse I ran into some trouble Smile I created a new post so I got the right thread name. I would really appreciate some help over here: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post452969

Just let me know if there is any more files you need Smile

Thanks! Smile