NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Keyboard command to return to full screen in Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, if I am playing a video in the Videos section, and I hit the Home key, the menu gets revealed, and the video continues playing in a smaller window. I can't seem to find the keystroke that will return me to watching the video full screen (or to stop the video, or anything to do with the video at this point). It doesn't say anything in the Wiki on the keyboard reference, is there such a key?

Thanks.
If you press the Home key again, it should toggle back to fullscreen.
lol, I had to program a special "home" key, labeled "exit inset video", because my wife was able to place our system in this situation, in some unknown way...
In the past I've forgotten when I accidentally do this from the guide or recordings screen and I just have audio, to the point of capturing logs for sub. In that cases when the hidden menu opens it is actually home twice.

Martin
sub Wrote:If you press the Home key again, it should toggle back to fullscreen.

That's what I thought it should be, but it doesn't work for me, on either of two systems I have going.

Now, that works in the Recordings section (actually have to hit Home twice, as the first time it brings up the Recordings list, then hidden menu, then returns to full screen), but in Videos, first time I hit Home, it brings up the list of videos I have, second hit of Home brings up the hidden menu, and after that, nothing. Only way to get out is to ESC back to the main menu, where hitting Home now brings the video back into full screen and focus.

I had made some edits to the Videos skin, where I thought I might have messed something up, but restoring the original still had the problem.

Any thoughts?
If you press escape, to take you back to the main menu, does pressing home switch it successfully?
sub Wrote:If you press escape, to take you back to the main menu, does pressing home switch it successfully?

Yes, if I hit ESC until I get back to the main menu (more than once, but that's because I am deeper in the directory tree), then hitting Home switches me back to full screen.
It's always been this way, but I've also always believed it should be how ttfitz is describing...

The first press of [home] should take out out of full-screen. The second press should resume you to full-screen, unless you're on a screen with a hidden menu in which case it should activate it. In those situations, the third press should then return you to full-screen. You shouldn't have to arduously climb back up a directory structure in the videos plugin just to return to full-screen.

Also, I would like to see an option to disable the video inset when playing DVDs, because they have a very specific use for the [home] button. Many DVDs (and many more if AnyDVD is running) allow you to skip past all the pre-menu copyright and trailer crap when you press [home], but with NPVR all this does is activate the video inset causing an arrggh event. It works fine once a movie is playing and will return you to the DVD's (as opposed to NPVR's) menu though.

These wishes have always fallen on deaf ears Wink

Iain
imilne Wrote:It's always been this way, but I've also always believed it should be how ttfitz is describing...

The first press of [home] should take out out of full-screen. The second press should resume you to full-screen, unless you're on a screen with a hidden menu in which case it should activate it. In those situations, the third press should then return you to full-screen. You shouldn't have to arduously climb back up a directory structure in the videos plugin just to return to full-screen.

These wishes have always fallen on deaf ears Wink

Iain

So it looks like my options are like in the old joke where the guy tells his doctor, "My arm hurts when I move it like this" and the doctor says, "So don't move it like that", huh? I should try to avoid hitting the Home key while in Videos (or the Movies plug-in, I have found)?

Thanks, at least I know it isn't just me.

Tim (figured I should start putting my name on these)