NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDHomeRun dual sound and error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Windows 8, I know probably not the best idea but I have it and thought that I would give it a try, and installed the software for my HDHomeRun dual. Everything seems to be working fine with the tuner and I am able to watch programs with QuickTV and also with , cough cough, Windows Media Center. The problems that I am having is I can watch TV with NextPVR but I do not get any sound, even during playback of the recorded shows. If I play them with anything else I can hear the sound. I have tried the different decoders ffdshow and LAV. The odd part is when I make changes I get an error message of unhandled exception, attached error messages. The second error is when I tried to use LAV for the decoder.

This install is a new install over my old installation on my Win 7 machine. I reinstalled the program and setup everything and had a problem with recording services so uninstalled and reinstalled and it works now except for the sound.

I have installed the latest R2 rollup and also the rest of the required programs for it to work. I have also installed SAF619 for the decoders since Windows 8 seems to be lacking in that department.

Thanks
Mark
I did not look at your logs, so this might be off, but based on your error messages, it looks like there is a problem in the skin display. Are you using the TV listings plug-in? If so, disable it for the time being by renaming its folder. It looks like you are indeed using TV listings, but do not have the latest version which 3.6.1. You should post this in the TV listing support area to make sure it is seen.

It is a good idea to get everything working, sound, video, recording, live TV, channels, EPG, in the base system before moving on to plug-ins. In my experience, anyway.

Things to check:

-have you installed the DirectX 9.0c run time as specified in the prereqs? Even if you have DirectX 12 or whatever, you still need to install this specific runtime. If it won't install properly from the link, you will need to download the entire 100MB version and install from there.

-for US users, I recommend AC3 filter for the audio decoder. Select this for MPEG 1 and AC3 decoders. These are the only two you need for US TV - MPEG1 for analog and AC3 for digital/HD.
That first exception is something to do with the TV Listings plugin. You might want to double check you've got it installed correctly, or remove it.
The exception error was indeed because of the TV Listing plugin, I removed it and reinstalled NextPVR and that error seems to be gone now.

I did not watch the installation for Direct X 9 closely and it did not install since 12 was newer so I downloaded 9C and installed that.

I still do not have any sound and I tried both of the decoders that I have, ffdshow and LAV. Should I install a different decoder?

Thanks
Markl
Thanks.

I installed the ac3filter and now I have sound.