NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Crash in module mscorwks.dll while auto EPG update at 2:00AM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.
I noticed my EPG is missing in nPVR, so i went to LOG and found:

2013-03-06 02:03:40.624 [DEBUG][12] Async stop taking way too long
2013-03-06 02:03:40.624 [DEBUG][12] Stop() appeared to have failed. Exiting...

I think it is causing a .NET crash acording event viewer (LOG below)

In event viewer, i noticed two crashs apear nearly all days at 2:0x

If i run EPG update manually, there is no problem.

I am on Win7x64 and USB tuner Evolve mars (no problems at all with it).

Ideas? Smile

Full log: (including texts from event viewer)
Hoburg,

See the other thread where there are more of us experiencing the same problems with Schedules Direct this past week:

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...omatically

- Patrick
patrickaburrows Wrote:problems with Schedules Direct
Schedules Direct ... Czech Republic ... Schedules Direct Wink

I have heard it said that God invented war to teach geography to ... Big Grin

But, then again, it could be related if there's some generic auto-update problem so perhaps I am being harsh ...
Graham Wrote:But, then again, it could be related if there's some generic auto-update problem so perhaps I am being harsh ...
no, completely unrelated. hoborg has the graph stop crash that seems to plague people from time to time.

@hoborg, try unchecking the "use out-of-process digital recording" option. It seems that since that option was introduced, many have been more prone to problems when using the DVB EPG.
johnsonx42 Wrote:@hoborg, try unchecking the "use out-of-process digital recording" option. It seems that since that option was introduced, many have been more prone to problems when using the DVB EPG.

Thans for tip. I just disabled it, rebooted and did manual EPG update. Now lets wait few days and see.
Yesterday, another crash ocur durning EPG update.

2013-03-30 02:05:32.430 [INFO][8] No more streams active. Stopping device.
2013-03-30 02:05:32.430 [DEBUG][8] About to request async graph stop
2013-03-30 02:05:32.430 [DEBUG][16] Graph stopping... (async)
2013-03-30 02:05:40.430 [DEBUG][8] Async stop taking way too long
2013-03-30 02:05:40.430 [DEBUG][8] Stop() appeared to have failed. Exiting...

I lost another recording Sad

BTW, while checking nPVR LOGs i noticed another crash: (Version: 2.6.2)

Code:
2013-03-31 06:59:37.689    [ERROR][3]    Unexpected error check for new versions: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.gbpvr.com'
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at NextPVR.Utility.VersionChecker.WebUpdaterThread()
hoborg Wrote:Yesterday, another crash ocur durning EPG update.

2013-03-30 02:05:32.430 [INFO][8] No more streams active. Stopping device.
2013-03-30 02:05:32.430 [DEBUG][8] About to request async graph stop
2013-03-30 02:05:32.430 [DEBUG][16] Graph stopping... (async)
2013-03-30 02:05:40.430 [DEBUG][8] Async stop taking way too long
2013-03-30 02:05:40.430 [DEBUG][8] Stop() appeared to have failed. Exiting...

I lost another recording Sad
Unfortunately I don't really have any suggestion for this one. A small number of people experience this, and I'm not sure what causes it.

Quote:BTW, while checking nPVR LOGs i noticed another crash: (Version: 2.6.2)

Code:
2013-03-31 06:59:37.689    [ERROR][3]    Unexpected error check for new versions: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.gbpvr.com'
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at NextPVR.Utility.VersionChecker.WebUpdaterThread()
This is non-critical and wont cause any problem, but is just saying that your DNS service couldn't resolve the name "www.gbpvr.com" when it went to check for new versions of the software.
sub Wrote:Unfortunately I don't really have any suggestion for this one. A small number of people experience this, and I'm not sure what causes it.
Hi sub.
There is no way how to prevent this crash? Becouse it will stop the recording service.
Or at last popup message in nPVR that nRecord is not running? Or any other warning?
hoborg Wrote:Hi sub.
There is no way how to prevent this crash?
I've never seen the problem myself, so haven't been able to run it up in the debugger to find out what is happening.

As a work around you can use an xmltv EPG source instead of DVB EPG.
hoborg Wrote:Becouse it will stop the recording service.
Does the Recording Service only crash because of a problem with the EPG update from DVB?

Would it help to use the Windows Task Scheduler to run the a "shutdown /f /r" to force a reboot every night 15 minutes after the EPG update time?
Pages: 1 2