NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Updateepg.bat not running automatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi

I've just recent set up a new configuration of nPVR on a Windows 7 64 bit pc.

All seems fine so far and I am using DVB-S2 tuners which I have tuned and mapped ok.

I have configured DVBGuide to produce my XMLTV file which works just fine.

I have my "UpdateEPG.bat" file in /scripts and this works when I run this manually (ie double click on the batch file) and my nPVR TV Guide is populated ok.

However, it does not run automatically from within nPVR at the time scheduled in Misc2 settings, nor does it run when I click on "Update EPG" from the "settings>channels" tab.

I do get a popup dialogue box which suggests that it is running "UpdateEPG.bat" & "checking for XMLTV listings" but nothing seems to change and the timestamp on my XMLTV output file does not update.

I guess that I've missed something obvious (I've checked spellings and path names)! Can you offer a pointer please? Is doesn't seem to be a permissions problem and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to solve this.

Thanks

Graham
I'm guessing it is actually running it, but you've got something wrong in your batch file. The usual thing people mess up is either not explicitly changing to the directory where you want to run commands from (since it starts with a different working directory when start by the system), or you've got some permissions on files or directories that stops it running correctly (remember it's run from the recording service which runs as a different user account).

If you want to post your nrecord.log, I can check that it is starting it.
I thought you needed to tick the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" in the NRecord service?
I suggest you post your UpdateEPG.bat file for our review. The possibility that both NRecord and NextPVR just don't run it are pretty well zero.
I had the same problem a while ago, I solved by simply setting the recording service to run as my own account.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I can confirm that I have ticked the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" in the NRecord service.

Here is the content of my UpdateEPG.bat file;

@echo on
rem
rem batch file to automatically run FreesatEPG.bat before EPG update in NPVR
rem
cd c:\users\public\npvr\dvbguide\
FreesatEPG.bat
rem cmd

Attached are my nRecord logs in a zip file.

I tried setting the recording service to run as my account but then had problems starting it, for some reason it failed to logon.

Thanks for your help .
Was that the same user as you use to run NextPVR? Does it have administrative privileges and did you type the correct password in Services.msc->NPVR Recording Service->Properties?
Graham_Shepherd Wrote:Here is the content of my UpdateEPG.bat file;
What's in freesatepg.bat? (I guess that it's DVBguide) What happens if you have a single updateepg.bat containing the content of the existing updateepg and freesatepg?
I have my recording service set to run in system account (and interact with desktop) and it runs fine.

I suspect windows is asking for permission to run the .exe specified in freesatepg.bat (under the system account credentials)
maybe give the .exe admin rights (in the file properties)?
you could also add a line to each bat file to confirm that it is being run

echo "running bat file xxxxx" >> c:\users\public\npvr\logs\epg.log"
Pages: 1 2 3