NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Set-top box but scan does not find channel 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to setup my device an ATI TV Wonder 650, old but still works. I am coming through a set-top box so all I need it to find is channel 3 but it does not find anything. I know it is working because Media Center finds channel 3. Also, how do I get my xmltv.xml file with my channels imported. I used mc2xml.exe and the file has been built maybe I am placing it in the wrong directory. Maybe I need to have the device setup first. I have attached the logs.
SD Analog devices aren't supported without installing either WinTV for Hauppauge devices or following the guidelines you'll find by searching her for SoftPVR

Martin
mvallevand, Thanks for the help. I am close. Live TV is working, sound and video but the EPG is not loading. The scan only found channel 3 which is correct because I am using a set-top box. How do I get the Channels to match the TV listing into the EPG so the USBIRT can change the channels?
New logs for the prior post
telii1 Wrote:mvallevand, Thanks for the help. I am close. Live TV is working, sound and video but the EPG is not loading. The scan only found channel 3 which is correct because I am using a set-top box. How do I get the Channels to match the TV listing into the EPG so the USBIRT can change the channels?
In Settings->Channels did you map the channels to your xmltv file or did you import the channels? You did install support for analog devices, right?
I have never got my head round this ... probably because I don't use a set-top-box! With digital channels and tuner I do a scan and get the channels and then specify the EPG source for each channel found during the scan.

With a STB, I would have only one channel (tuned to the STB) and I can't scan for channels. I understand that I get the channels from an XMLTV file but were do I specify the name of the XMLTV file? Would I specify the XMLTV file in the Channel Details dialog box? Would NextPVR know that this was a connection to a STB and build a channel list from the imported XMLTV file instead of building a channel list from the content of a scan? Is there a wiki page to describe XMLTV for a STB?

Thanks
Yes I installed the analog devices. I am trying to import the channels. There is just too many channels to map them manually. I have the xmltv file how do I map it (all channels to channel 3).
Graham I added an analogue capture card to my server so I could record the Video and Sound outputs from my Virgin Media cable box. I setup six channels mainly from Discovery and populated the EPG via XMLTV. I was able to make a recording from the EPG "BUT" I had to select the correct channel on the cable box with the remote!! Very crude but it worked!

From what I understand the "IR Blasters" often mentioned in the forum allow the channel changes to be automated.
jcjefferies Wrote:. I setup six channels mainly from Discovery and populated the EPG via XMLTV.
Thanks ... but how did you setup six channels. I guess that the cable box was connected via s-video or composite so no scanning for channels. Where did you enter the name of the XMLTV file and all that?

Edit: Thanks to a post from Sub and some more groping in the wiki, I found http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...etupDialog and its reference to " Import ... Imports a list of channels from an XMLTV based EPG or Schedules Direct." Apologies if I have sidetracked this thread.
telii1 Wrote:Yes I installed the analog devices. I am trying to import the channels. There is just too many channels to map them manually. I have the xmltv file how do I map it (all channels to channel 3).
Do you have a blaster device to switch channels on the set-top-box?
Pages: 1 2