NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Next pvr help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have two problems setting up nextpvr. It seemed to scan my channels off of my hdhr3 but when I click on live tv it just goes to a black screen with no video and audio. Also it only seems to recognize the first 400 channels out of about a 1000 which means all of my hd channels. Anybody give me a hand here? I have been using wmc on win8 with hdhr3 with a htpc and a Comcast mcard. I want to use next pvr along with xbmc just for the hell of it to give it a try.
regarding the channels, you need to be aware that ONLY wmc can view/record channels marked "Copy Once" or "Copy Never". With any other program, including NextPVR, you will only be able to view/record channels & shows marked "Copy Freely". Some cable companies seem to mark almost everything except premium channels (HBO, etc.) Copy Freely, while others flag everything except local broadcast channels "Copy Once".

regarding the black screen/no audio, you need to choose compatible decoders in Settings->Decoders. With Windows 8 this is harder than it used to be because Microsoft has crippled the previously excellent "Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder" for video. The latest build of NextPVR.exe (see sticky thread at top of support forum, also linked in my signature) disables selection of that decoder when Windows 8 is detected. For an MPEG-2 decoder that actually will work, I suggest hoborg's SAF6 package (link in post 2 of tech support sticky). For audio, I use ac3filter, but SAF6 includes the LAV Audio Decoder which seems to work well also.

Another possible cause of black screen/no audio is a firewall getting in the way. Make sure you have firewall exceptions for NextPVR.exe, NRecord.exe, and NDigitalHost.exe (the last isn't used for the HDHR, but you may as well get all 3 while you're at it).
tried everything and nothing but black screen. bout done trying to figure this out after a few months of failing =(
Mikeclough24 Wrote:tried everything and nothing but black screen. bout done trying to figure this out after a few months of failing =(
It would be helpful if you post your logs showing an attempt to view live tv.
Mikeclough24 Wrote:I have two problems setting up nextpvr. It seemed to scan my channels off of my hdhr3 but when I click on live tv it just goes to a black screen with no video and audio. Also it only seems to recognize the first 400 channels out of about a 1000 which means all of my hd channels. Anybody give me a hand here? I have been using wmc on win8 with hdhr3 with a htpc and a Comcast mcard. I want to use next pvr along with xbmc just for the hell of it to give it a try.
From a web browser, if you view: http://<hdhr-ipaddress>/lineup.xml?show=unprotected, this should show you the list of channels reported to NextPVR. As johnsonx42 pointed out, the difference in the number channels is probably down to that fact that only a subset of your channels are able to be watched, and the rest a copy-protected and filtered out since they're not watchable.

For you black screen, it'll either be firewall related, or decoders. If you do a recording, do you end up with a zero byte file? If so, then no data is getting from the HDHR to NextPVR and you should check your firewall settings.
reddwarf - where can i access the logs so i can post them for you?
Also when i go to tv guide it shows what the channels on the left are but all the listings just say "no show details"
Mikeclough24 Wrote:reddwarf - where can i access the logs so i can post them for you?
http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...alledParts
Mikeclough24 Wrote:Also when i go to tv guide it shows what the channels on the left are but all the listings just say "no show details"
http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ration.EPG
http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...n.Channels
i give up. whoever was saying nextpvr was practically pnp arre full of sh@*$
Pages: 1 2