NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can scan channels but not watch live tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Trying NextPVR for the first time and installed on a XP SP3 PC. Installed all pre-requsites and under devices I can see my one card. I've done a scan and mapped EPG to channels. However when I go to try and watch live tv I just get an error 'Unable to communicate with recording service'. Also when trying to start recording service from tray icon it gives an error. I have DVB Web scheduler running from a previous htpc setup but that shouldn't be interfering.

I'm just trying to get basic setup working i.e. watching live tv on the same PC as the DVB card. Log file attached as txt (only 7k).

Thanks
post the NRecord.log after trying to start the recording service. when in doubt, compress and post the entire logs folder.
shertiger Wrote:Hi

Trying NextPVR for the first time and installed on a XP SP3 PC. Installed all pre-requsites and under devices I can see my one card. I've done a scan and mapped EPG to channels. However when I go to try and watch live tv I just get an error 'Unable to communicate with recording service'. Also when trying to start recording service from tray icon it gives an error. I have DVB Web scheduler running from a previous htpc setup but that shouldn't be interfering.

I'm just trying to get basic setup working i.e. watching live tv on the same PC as the DVB card. Log file attached as txt (only 7k).

Thanks
Try right-clicking on the installer and select "Run as Administrator". The log indicates that the recording service is not installed.
Reddwarf Wrote:Try right-clicking on the installer and select "Run as Administrator". The log indicates that the recording service is not installed.

Wow what quick responses and good advice!

I'm actually running using an admin account but I re-installed NPVR and noticed an option when doing Run As to basically let the installer do whatever it needs. Doing that got the recording service working and now live tv is working fine :-)

Thanks guys much appreciated. Now onwards to link to xbmc and try remote access Smile