NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Export and import recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have exported out my recordings in NPVR 2.5.9, made some changes to the recurring-backup.xml and imported it back to NPVR. But I think it merged both old and new recording list instead of replacing the old recording list with the newly imported recordings, resulting in many duplicate recordings in the recurring recordings.

Import Recordings function good for clean installation of NPVR only?
Must clear out all old recordings before importing recordings?

Many thanks.
Yes, in your scenario you'd need to delete all the recurring recordings before importing them. The intention is to import recurring recordings you don't already have, whether it's a clean installation or you're importing additional recurring recordings created by some other means.

If you're just trying to tweak a few settings of existing recurring recordings which aren't available in the UI, you might find it easer to use a utility like SQLiteSpy to open the database (npvr.db3) and make your changes directly in the RECURRING_RECORDING table. Making a backup first would be wise, of course.
Hi,

What's the fastest way to wipe out all recurring recordings?

Many thanks.
Go to Recurring recordings list, then: Ctrl-K,Enter,Ctrl-K,Enter,Ctrl-K,Enter, repeat until done. Not exactly elegant I realize, but the need to do something like this is pretty rare.
What does Ctrl-K do?
Kiwi Wrote:What does Ctrl-K do?
Different things, if pointed at a show in the tv guide it sets that show up for recording, if pointed at an existing recording entry or an in-progress recording it deletes it. If you have <ConfirmOnDelete>true</ConfirmOnDelete> in config.xml it will ask you if you really want to delete that recording/entry. And if pressed while watching live tv it will record the rest of the show you are watching.

Edit: On a remote ctrl-k would normally map to the Record button.