NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Live TV Freezes are still here with the NPVR Client V2.6.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I am sorry to say but I am still getting live TV freezes on my NextPVR clients with the new version 2.6.2.

I upgraded to v 2.6.2 a few hours ago (on both of my NPVR clients and my server) and so far I have had three live TV freezes -- along with freezes while listening to FM radio. Watching recorded programs is fine -- it seems to be isolated to live TV. The problem happens while watching live analog TV via my Hauppaugue WinTV-HVR-2250 card connected to a Shaw Direct set top box via s-video after about one hour of viewing. The same thing seems to happen while listening to FM radio connected to the same WinTV-HVR-2250 card - a freeze after about 60 min. I will run a test on Digital ATSC OTA later today and report the results.

Attached is a log from one of my client systems where a freeze just occurred.

Michael
I'm afraid I am still seeing live TV client freezes as well. For me it's with a DVB-T or DVB-S2 card. They are not as frequent as they used to be. I will try to grab a set of tidy logs when I can. I have noticed that the freeze on the client is pre-empted by a short stutter. The server file in c:\temp keeps on growing until I kill the client NPVR. In the previous iteration of this issue, I could sometimes hit FF to restart viewing. This time it seem to kill the client completely and I have to crash out of NPVR and restart it

I've seen this on 3 different clients now since upgraging to 2.6.2, all of which are connected to the server by a wired Gbit LAN.
Grrr. That's annoying. The guys in the pre-release testing group had a much better experience and they seemed sure it resolved the problem for them.
I reported a few issues with the header endless loops etc, but I figure it is 70% fixed for me and it still has to be killed once in a while. Unlike msmith8228's recoverable error, mine are always full hangs.

Martin
Ok, I guess we'll need more sets of client npvr.pvr/reader.log/stream.log and server nrecord.log posted so I can investigate.
Please find my nRecord.log from my NextPVR server -- I did a search on both my clients and the server and I cannot find the stream.log or the reader.log files. Is there an option that has to be turned on to create them?

Also note -- I completed an extensive test last night -- OTA ATSC HDTV connected to my Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 card works perfectly -- no freezes for live TV -- but as soon as I watch an analog channel I will get a freeze in less that a hour. The same goes for FM radio.

In my first post I indicated that the analog captures were connected to my Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 card -- this was incorrect. The s-video connections are to a Hauppauge WinTV 150 card or a Hauppauge WinTV-250 card - I have both in my system connected to two separate set top boxes.

So in summary -- all results are on a NextPVR client:

1. Analog s-video set top box connected to a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 card -- live TV freezes in about an hour - playback of recorded shows is fine.

2. Analog s-video set top box connected to a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 card -- live TV freezes in about an hour - playback of recorded shows is fine.

3. FM antenna connected to a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 card -- live FM radio freezes in about an hour.

4. ATSC digital OTA HDTV antenna connected to a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 card -- NO FREEZING so far for live TV (8+ hour test) - playback of recorded shows is fine.

All cards are located in the same dedicated NPVR server. Results for tests 1, 2,and 3 above have been reproduced on two separate clients.

Michael
You'd need to create a c:\temp directory on the client, and set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NPVR\LogClientStream=1 and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NPVR\LogSlipFile=1, then reproduce the problem and post the matching set of client's npvr.pvr/c:\temp\reader.log/c:\temp\stream.log and server's nrecord.log.
I am watching live tv (have been for 1.75 hrs) and during that it froze once and this popped up, but hitting continue worked and streaming continued

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at NextPVR.Players.BasePlayer.RefeshOSD()
   at NextPVR.Players.LiveTvPlayer.RefeshOSD()
   at NextPVR.ControllerForm.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The big change is still working well so it is now a pleasureable viewing experience

Code:
20:07:19.586    [13884]    Trying to get extra 7 bytes via second chance recv
20:07:52.548    [13884]    Trying to get extra 2 bytes via second chance recv
20:14:44.726    [13884]    Trying to get extra 18 bytes via second chance recv
20:22:05.580    [13884]    Trying to get extra 26 bytes via second chance recv
20:49:09.600    [13884]    Trying to get extra 7 bytes via second chance recv
21:00:02.583    [13884]    Trying to get extra 3 bytes via second chance recv
21:05:34.147    [13884]    Trying to get extra 15 bytes via second chance recv

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I am watching live tv (have been for 1.75 hrs) and during that it froze once and this popped up, but hitting continue worked and streaming continued

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at NextPVR.Players.BasePlayer.RefeshOSD()
   at NextPVR.Players.LiveTvPlayer.RefeshOSD()
   at NextPVR.ControllerForm.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Have you had this more than once? Were you doing anything at the time, like changing channels?

Quote:The big change is still working well so it is now a pleasureable viewing experience

Code:
20:07:19.586    [13884]    Trying to get extra 7 bytes via second chance recv
20:07:52.548    [13884]    Trying to get extra 2 bytes via second chance recv
20:14:44.726    [13884]    Trying to get extra 18 bytes via second chance recv
20:22:05.580    [13884]    Trying to get extra 26 bytes via second chance recv
20:49:09.600    [13884]    Trying to get extra 7 bytes via second chance recv
21:00:02.583    [13884]    Trying to get extra 3 bytes via second chance recv
21:05:34.147    [13884]    Trying to get extra 15 bytes via second chance recv
Yep, that was the thing that was supposed to fix these live tv hangs, and these seem to be working for you.
sub Wrote:Have you had this more than once? Were you doing anything at the time, like changing channels?

From the logs I must have accidentally hit Up before the popup

2013-03-25 20:23:07.440 [DEBUG][1] LiveTvPlayer.OnKeyDown() called: Up

and I don't see the matching OnKeyDown() done so that might be where the error occurred.

Quote:Yep, that was the thing that was supposed to fix these live tv hangs, and these seem to be working for you.

Yes 3 hrs+ going strong and just one more of those since the post. Plus my team won in a shootout so a good evening.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7