NextPVR Forums

Full Version: unable to communicate with recording service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just tried the new version, clean install, but cannot get it working Sad

When I try to view a channel I get the message in the sub, at this point it seems the recording service crash because the npvr device status goes blank. Attached logs.
This looks like a firewall issue, have you allowed Nrecord.exe, NDigitalHost.exe and NextPVR.exe through the firewall? Besides, you should install the DirectX runtime as stated in the prerequisites, you'll get a smoother UI.
it's a server/backend so it doesn't matter, but I installed the prerequisites just to be sure, made no difference. I've made firewall rules and even disabled firewall to no avail. I've reinstalled clean even though this was a clean install, no help. It scans for channels just fine, but like I said when I try to view channel the status window goes blank and nrecord stops responding until restartet.
When you first started you had issues configuring multidec and you needed to disable it while you figured out dll's Do you have multidec on?

Martin
indeed Martin, you are spot on, the dll I use for other pvr software does not work with npvr Sad

Last time I was messing around with some other multidec software, this time I made the misstake of using the dll from that software, I think I found a working version in the npvr wiki.
KRA Wrote:damn the ffdecsa download is gone Sad http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post377803
This one works.
Thank you
I ran into the same error today. After some research I found out:

- I installed npvr under D:\software\npvr\
- but under services -> NPVR Recording Service -> Properties it says "Path to EXE-File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\NRecord.exe'"

This obviously doesn't change, when you chose a different install-directory.
raschid Wrote:I ran into the same error today. After some research I found out:

- I installed npvr under D:\software\npvr\
- but under services -> NPVR Recording Service -> Properties it says "Path to EXE-File: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\NRecord.exe'"

This obviously doesn't change, when you chose a different install-directory.

Hi.
Yes, this is a npvr installer bug, i already report it i think 3 times...

It is easy ro reporduce, just install npvr to default directory, then do uninstall and install to different folder. Path to recording servise will not update.
You need to update the path manually in registry.