NextPVR Forums

Full Version: BBC HD changed to BBC2 HD now no EPG data - XMLTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The BBC HD channel cahnged to BBC 2 HD yesterday and now XMLTV isn't populating the EPG data. Do you have any idea why or any pointers of how to find out?

I retune wasn't required but I happened to need one anyway, not sure what else to check.
I use DVBGuide to get the xmltv file.
All I had to do was go to settings / channels - click on the BBC HD entry, go to details, rename to BBC Two HD and in the mapping box find BBC Two HD - simples.
I believe if you use xmltvgui (Radio Times) the info has not been updated yet - just map to BBC 2 for now the programs are mostly the same.
Is it possible to make DVBGuide pull just the data for BBC 2 HD?
I see the online RT is updated with BBC2HD, just the xml side of things is stuck.
To get round it I just mapped it to the BBC2 listings in the hope that they would be pretty much the same!
Croftie Wrote:Is it possible to make DVBGuide pull just the data for BBC 2 HD?

No, but there's nothing stopping you from pointing only BBC Two HD (in NPVR) at the xmltv file from DVBGuide.

Iain
Croftie Wrote:The BBC HD channel cahnged to BBC 2 HD yesterday and now XMLTV isn't populating the EPG data. Do you have any idea why or any pointers of how to find out?

Lao Pan Wrote:I believe if you use xmltvgui (Radio Times) the info has not been updated yet...
Unfortunately it's never going to happen. This is a quote on the Atlas Google Group from Jonathan Tweed at MetaBroadcast (they're responsible for generating the Radio Times guide data)...
Quote:The XMLTV feed should be considered deprecated and it's therefore our policy not to add new channels to it.
Cheers,
Brian
I haven't been keeping up with the ongoing saga - is there anyone looking at updating Alan Birtles grabber to use the new data source or are we buggered when they turn it off in the end.
martint123 Wrote:I haven't been keeping up with the ongoing saga - is there anyone looking at updating Alan Birtles grabber to use the new data source or are we buggered when they turn it off in the end.
I'm not sure if updating XMLTV GUI would be particularly easy or practical. The Atlas system returns data in JSON format and I'm not sure how efficient Lua (the language used for XMLTV GUI) is at processing JSON (or if it even has native support for JSON parsing). Besides, I wonder how many of the devs here understand Lua in any depth - I've tweaked a few of the XMLTV GUI scripts over the years but never really got the hang of it.

I do know that there are some people on the Atlas Api Google Group are doing their own grabber development - not sure if any of the grabbers are publicly available though.

Cheers,
Brian
I gave up trying to get my head round lua - I've never really got on with any of these clever text handling languages ;(
imilne Wrote:No, but there's nothing stopping you from pointing only BBC Two HD (in NPVR) at the xmltv file from DVBGuide.
Yep but I prefer to use OTA EPG data where possible because it shows the episode numbers in the description.

How do you setup DVBGuide? I created an xml file but NPVR says it's an invalid xmltv format. Do I need to create a batch file like this one? That's beyond my capabilities, can anyone help me out with that?

According to the radiotimes BBC2 and BBC2 HD have an identicle schedule so I'll just map to BBC2 as suggested.

OT
Is it just me or are you also annoyed BBC HD is gone, it used to broadcast programs in HD that were originally aired in SD, like Bluestone 42 and The Crash on BBC 3. They could move these repeats to the early hours but looking at the schedule they don't plan to. It will be a great loss, as far as I'm concerned, bad move.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9