NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Audio out of sync with video in live tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone had an issue when watching live tv where the audio is running ahead of the video?
Same here -- I have corrected it be using a fixed 100ms audio delay in ffdshow (my audio decoder). The same thing can also be accomplished with AC3 filter.

Michael
wow how do I do that? The recorded videos seem to be fine. Just live TV has an issue.
If you have an audio sync issue it'll come down to either the decoders or audio renderer. As first step make sure you're using the default audio renderer. After that, try other decoders.
80 ms delay in LAV Audio Decoder has been needed on my system since I got a new screen (audio over spdif to amp) must be a lot of video processing going on.
so how do I add the delay. I am new to NPVR and have no idea how to do that.
Thanks!
Setting this offset is not a feature of NextPVR. There is a button [...] beside the decoder in the NextPVR setup that allows you to access optional properties for the decoders. It is also not live tv specific, if recordings are fine now, they will be now be broken.

Martin
What audio decoder are you using.

Michael
MPEG Audio Decorder
try AC3Filter (http://ac3filter.net) for both MPEG-1 Layer 2 and AC3 audio. I've never had an audio sync problem with AC3filter.
Pages: 1 2