NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Two things I need to know
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there,

I am trying to get this box working 100% and for that I need to know two things

1) How can I see what frequency a particular channel is tuned to?

2) What is an OID? Is it internal to NextPVR or generated from somewhere else. Can I make my own up or do they have to match?

Any answers gratefully received
1) U can check the frequency when u view the Device Setup of your device in Settings -> Devices.

2) This OID u mention, do u mean the number that is in the recordings xml file both for the pending and recurring ones when we export it? If so, I have tried renumbering, and it works in importing the modified file, though I have not tried using the same number in 2 recordings (probably wise to avoid using the same number).
Many thanks, I'll look at that.

I'm trying to import my Mediacenter recordings into NextPVR. To do that I'm writing some code to create an import file I can import into NextPVR. I've managed to get at much of the info in the media file but the OIDs for the events and the ChannelOID are not available there so I guessed they would be NextPVR specific. I suspect though that ChannelOID will be important even though I have the Channel name okay.

At this point my plan was to just generate OIDs starting above the top ones in the exported recording list and see what happens. I will probably backup all the NextPVR files before I do this to allow me to recover.....
Tre4Bax Wrote:Many thanks, I'll look at that.

I'm trying to import my Mediacenter recordings into NextPVR. To do that I'm writing some code to create an import file I can import into NextPVR. I've managed to get at much of the info in the media file but the OIDs for the events and the ChannelOID are not available there so I guessed they would be NextPVR specific. I suspect though that ChannelOID will be important even though I have the Channel name okay.

At this point my plan was to just generate OIDs starting above the top ones in the exported recording list and see what happens. I will probably backup all the NextPVR files before I do this to allow me to recover.....

I see. In that case I suggest u create a dummy recurring recording entry in NextPVR using the channel that u intend to record to, and export it so that u can read the value of the ChannelOID. Then u can copy the value to your Mediacenter xml file to import into NextPVR.

Btw, ChannelOID is different from OID in case u are mistaken. OID ranks the recording priority, if I'm not wrong.
Just tried with a single file and it says no recordings imported :-(
Tre4Bax Wrote:Just tried with a single file and it says no recordings imported :-(

The format of the xml file has to be something like this for each entry:

Code:
<recurring>
    <oid>11</oid>
    <name>HD5NEWS</name>
    <matchrules>
<Rules><ChannelOID>7151</ChannelOID><ChannelName>HD5</ChannelName><StartTime>2012-11-01T13:29:00.0000000Z</StartTime><EndTime>2012-11-01T14:25:00.0000000Z</EndTime><PrePadding>0</PrePadding><PostPadding>0</PostPadding><Quality>0</Quality><Keep>0</Keep></Rules>
    </matchrules>
  </recurring>
Replace the relevant values for your own NextPVR settings, like ChannelOID, ChannelName, etc.
Tre4Bax Wrote:2) What is an OID?
It's a name given to a column in the NextPVR database. Values in that column uniquely identify each row in a table. There are OID columns in several tables in the database. Software to look inside the database might help. I use SQLite Manager (it's a Firefox plugin).
Graham Wrote:It's a name given to a column in the NextPVR database. Values in that column uniquely identify each row in a table. There are OID columns in several tables in the database. Software to look inside the database might help. I use SQLite Manager (it's a Firefox plugin).

Nice info. Smile

Btw, what does the O in OID stand for?
OID = Object Identifier

They need to be unique they are created by NPVR for the database.
Tre4Bax Wrote:Many thanks, I'll look at that.

You can leave the OID/ChannelOID as zero. It'll create them as appropriate when it imports the recording.
Pages: 1 2 3