NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New to it all and lost.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed Hauppauge WinTV HVR 2250 tuner card. I installed NextPVR and tried to follow instructions on setting it up. I have all of my channels listed, program guide is populated. When I click on live tv i get a black screen. I was able to record test show to see if I was actually getting a signal and seems to be. The file size was not 0, and I was able to refresh as it was recording and was able to see the file size increase. Once I stopped recording and open file to play back, I get the name of the file across top of window but only black screen. The file was saved as a .ts. I tried to open in media player was unable to. To be honest, I don't know if I have decoders set correclty. I am running Windows Vista. Under settings, decorders I have video render set to EVR, audio render to defualt. Video decoder MPEG2 video is set to Main Concept MPEG2 and audio decoder MPEG1 Audio set to MPEG Audio Decoder. Any help would be greatly appreciated on getting this to work.

Thanks
Are you receiving digital (antenna or cable), or analog cable? If it's any form of digital, you'll need a decoder for AC3 audio as well; I always use AC3Filter (http://ac3filter.net).

Regarding the MPEG-2 video decoder, if you have Vista Home Premium or Ultimate, then you'll have the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder which I highly recommend. If you don't have that one, I'd suggest installing SAF (http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post414049).
I have digital antenna. I will install your suggestions and post results.
Thank you
Downloaded AC3Filter and SAF. Installed AC3Filter then started to install SAF, SAF stated it had to uninstall AC3Filter to operate correctly.
correct, you do not need SAF AND AC3filter as SAF already includes the LAV audio decoder.
yes, sorry, I co-mingled the solutions. I use and recommend AC3Filter along with the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder. For those who don't have or otherwise can't use the Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder, then I recommend SAF instead of both.
No problem. I installed the SAF and seems to work great. I am attempting to set up the Roku channel for NextPVR that was created some time back. Having little trouble getting the HandBrake conversion ts to mp4 to go thru. I can get the bif and png files created but it never creates the mp4.