NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recordings list out of date
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I've messed something up. It took me a few attempts to get ndroid installed. Now it is, my recordings list is out of date. Stuff that I have recorded recently isn't there and programs that have been deleted are still there. I've tried deleteng the cache and the data, but when it reloads, it's still the same.

Also if I try to play any recording or 'Live TV' I get a message saying 'Can't play this video'.
It may be that you need to do the "sc control ..." command for the nDroid service on the PC to recreate the data files for the download to the client. http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ity.NDroid
What Graham said. Put that sc control line into npvr's PostUpdateEPG.bat file and it will run after every EPG update and regenerate the recordings file. Alternatively just stop/restart the nDroid Service and it will regenerate the files then manually download using the nDroid app's Settings menu.

I will eventually get this stuff done in real-time and use push notifications to the app.
Thank you, that worked. I must confess, I read that, but assumed it was just for EPG stuff.

What video player do you use/recommend that will handle UK .ts files?
I use MX Player (free version) - works fine on my cheapo 7" tablet...

Alex
trummel Wrote:Thank you, that worked. I must confess, I read that, but assumed it was just for EPG stuff.
No, it regenerates all of the zip files so if you do anything like changing the npvr settings saved in config.xml, add new channel logos, delete recordings etc etc, the nDroid Service will either need restarting or you need to run that sc control command. As I said, I will gradually get more of this stuff to work in real-time.

Quote:What video player do you use/recommend that will handle UK .ts files?

ACTCMS Wrote:I use MX Player (free version) - works fine on my cheapo 7" tablet...

What Alex said. I also use MX Player although only with SD recordings - not sure how well it handles HD stuff but that will also depend on the device.

Cheers,
Brian
Fantastic. Installed MX player and it copes really well with HD on my Nexus 4. In fact this works so well, I shall probably buy a Nexus 7 just to use as a portable Telly. Great job Brian. If I can help with any testing etc, dont hesitate to ask.

Martyn.
trummel Wrote:Fantastic. Installed MX player and it copes really well with HD on my Nexus 4.
Good to hear.
Quote: In fact this works so well, I shall probably buy a Nexus 7 just to use as a portable Telly.
I wanted to get a tablet for further development - my budget started out as £60-70 (looking at cheap devices on eBay and Amazon) but after some time looking at specs, I finally pushed the boat out and got a Nexus 7 (entry level 8GB RAM) direct from Google for £159. A bit of a difference from my original budget but well worth it. Big Grin

Quote:Great job Brian. If I can help with any testing etc, dont hesitate to ask.
Thanks, I'm hoping to make an announcement WRT to a new version of nDroid fairly soon. Wink

Cheers,
Brian