NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Client live TV freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am suffering from an issue that other have posted, however I'm not entirely the issue is identical so I thought it best to post a new thread.

I have a set-up with 2x USB DVB-T2 (PCTV NanoSticks) devices plugged into my server (Win 7 Pro x86) with 100Mb connectivity to my client (Win 7 HomeP).

The configuration appears OK, but like others I get adhoc freezing on my client when streaming TV. This can usually be recovered by stopping the stream within the software and re-tuning from the guide.

Here are the logs from the server: [ATTACH=CONFIG]36185[/ATTACH]

And this is from the client: [ATTACH=CONFIG]36186[/ATTACH]

The timeshift files appear to continue to populate following the issue, however I do notice periods where there is little write activity on them.

Note: I am currently using v2.5.5 across server and client as I read a post about this version being more stable wrt streaming; I also have the exact same issue using 2.6.2.

Thanks in advance,
Louis
Think I may have got to the bottom of this.

Neglected to mention above that the 100MbE between the two was via 3 powerline adapters (1 per computer and 1 to a switch near my router).

Despite the Windows adapter traces not showing any drop in traffic, a persistent ping to the TV server showed an increased response time (from ~3ms to ~200ms) over about a 1 second period.

Looks like this is probably breaks the comms or breaches the limit that npvr can recover from and explains why I have ~0.5sec buffering in XBMC instead of the crashes with npvr client.

Plugging directly into the switch looks to have resolved the issue (also also allows me to use both 1GbE adapters in my machines quickening things generally). Just need to figure out how to make this aesthetically acceptable now!

Cheers.
yes, the client protocol is not very tolerant of network glitches. sub has added some retries to the latest 2.6.2 code, and is still investigating the issue. I suggest you upgrade to 2.6.2 and follow the other thread on this.
Even in 2.6.2 NextPVR pretty much has zero-tolerance for network errors. The improvement are primarily in improved stream handling in response to less than than ideal conditions. I now use NextPVR regularly over wifi where before it was unbearable.

Martin