NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 1.8.7 several(?) problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, struggling to get 1.8.7 running:
Downloading files - OK
Populating Database -OK, but slow.
Reading NPVR settings, Pending recordings. Hangs.
Unless (weirdly) I rotate the device in which case it starts back at downloading files again until I get the contradictory message ERROR=FILE_EXTRACT_SUCCESS

There's a chance that the pending recordings hang might just be very, very slow; I left it (forgot about it completely) once and when I got back maybe 40 minutes later it had moved on the the EPG hour hang, but as I hadn't edited the NPVR config file at that stage I just had to force stop and start again, and I've not got past the Pending recordings hang since.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36207[/ATTACH]
Ignore the "Pending recordings" text - it's a bug in that the second line of the progress should be blanked by the time it gets to reading the npvr settings and setting the epg update timer. As soon as "Populating database" disappears then the pending recordings have been imported.

The logs look fine but they're server-end. So what is the first line of the text when it's hanging (sorry got confuse WRT npvr settings and epg update timer).
I think it's populating data base, pending recordings. it was stuck for 4 hours, so definitely a hang. just getting force closes now.
Sorry, I think that should be Reading NPVR settings... Pending recordings.
Had to clear all data and start again to get past the force close. Then tried to get back to the hang but every time I wiggle the phone it goes back to 'downloading files, Populating database' and giving me the ERROR=SUCCESS dialogue (a genius error code if ever there was one Smile). Just got there while writing this.
Also noticed local database is 18+MB does this seem right?
Here's screen shots
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36209[/ATTACH]
fuzzweed Wrote:Sorry, I think that should be Reading NPVR settings... Pending recordings.
That's one of the least likely stages that I'd expect it to fail - it suggests the npvr config.xml is corrupt but that doesn't make sense as npvr itself would complain. :confused: Any chance you could zip and email me your npvr config.xml file? Edit out the web username/password first.

Quote:...but every time I wiggle the phone...
Yeah...don't do that. Big Grin I won't go into the inner workings of Android and what happens to an app when the phone orientation changes other than to say don't do it during that stage of nDroid. I'd meant to fix that issue but it didn't make it into this release - it's fixed for the next release though.

Quote:...giving me the ERROR=SUCCESS dialogue (a genius error code if ever there was one Smile).
I do my best. Wink
Quote:Also noticed local database is 18+MB does this seem right?
Funny you should say that - my HTC Desire phone running Android v2.2 tells me nDroid uses 3-4MB but my Nexus 7 tablet running Android v4.2 tells me it's about 18MB - I haven't worked out why though.

Anyway, if you email me your config.xml I'll see if I can spot the problem.

Cheers,
Brian
PM'd. Tried again after some reboots and reinstalls just in case I was missing something, but it's fully repeatable and hangs at the same place followed by force closes on all future attempts.
Try changing...
Code:
<EPGUpdateHour>02:00:00</EPGUpdateHour>
...that's the old EPG update setting (pre npvr v2.6.2) and should be a whole number (0 -> 23), e.g.,
Code:
<EPGUpdateHour>2</EPGUpdateHour>

Although nDroid v1.8.7 will use the new <EPGUpdateTime> and <EPGUpdateEnabled> settings if they exist, it still tries to read the old setting and expects it to be an integer. I suspect the config.xml file parser is choking on that setting.

EDIT: After you make the change to config.xml, make sure to restart the nDroid Service and then clear data on the Android device to start afresh.
Fixed.
Loving the transcoding too, Now got flawless access to the HTPC over mobile data.
100% amazing.
Thanks!
...for the record was this fix not the exact opposite of the EPG hang fix in the sticky, or was I missreading it?....
Pages: 1 2